protruding teeth, half-way pics

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gdriftr

protruding teeth, half-way pics

#1 Post by gdriftr »

Hi all. Am on aligner 10 of 20. Thought I'd post pics. Main issue is pulling back protruding teeth both top and bottom. These before/after side views show it best...

before:

aligner 10 of 20:

Wobblydeb

#2 Post by Wobblydeb »

Wow, they've moved quite a long way - I bet you are really noticing the difference! :)

How are you finding it going generally?
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

gdriftr

#3 Post by gdriftr »

Thanks. Well, I think the most difference is from the side, both in teeth and general profile, which I don't get to see so much, but I am glad to know is getting better.. ;)

On the bottom there was a lot of IPR, so the whole front part of my lower jaw is moving back a bit. On the top the movement is mainly in the front 4 teeth.

In general, I'm finding the process fine. I try to wear them 20 hours a day or so and that seems enough. I'm on 12 day rotation at the moment.
I do feel like my life is on hold a bit, but that's more from my personal attitude than necessity. I'm really glad I decided to do it though. It makes me feel very positive.

xJx

#4 Post by xJx »

Good progress their! :)
Smile and the world smiles with you! :D