How long does it take to recieve final refinement trays?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Realme2008

How long does it take to recieve final refinement trays?

#1 Post by Realme2008 »

Does it take as long as it did to receive the normal aligners or is it quicker? I've got three more trays to go, so I'm curious.

Spooky Tooth

#2 Post by Spooky Tooth »

Four weeks to the day for me.

Wireless

#3 Post by Wireless »

I'm having a mid-course correction, which is the same as a refinement, only earlier in the treatment plan.

My ortho told me 4 to 6 weeks. The procedure is the same for new trays with molds sent to Invisalign and a new clincheck done by your ortho.

I hope things are quicker this time. My first aligners took over 7 weeks.

Second Time Around

#4 Post by Second Time Around »

I had a mid-course correction last year. I was quoted 4-6 weeks for the new aligners; however, I was surprised to receive them in exactly 3 weeks. I live in Canada. I suppose location makes a difference with respect to the waiting period.

Wireless

#5 Post by Wireless »

Thanks for the encouraging info! I had my molds taken on June 25, so I'll see how long delivery takes. Three weeks would be terrific!!

It will be interesting to have anyone with refinements / mid course corrections post how long it took to receive new aligners and their general location. I'm Eastern U.S.

John37

#6 Post by John37 »

It took me about 7 weeks to get my refinements. That was during November and December last year, so around the holidays. Some of the time required is for the doctor to go back and forth with Invisalign to make adjustments to the plan. I'm in California, but I doubt that matters much because even ground shipping would only add a few days at most.

Wireless

#7 Post by Wireless »

I wonder if case complexity is a factor in Invisalign turnaround? I'm on week 4 now with no word from my ortho's office. My experience last year was the same as John37's - seven weeks to get my first aligners in early December.

I'm finding it very frustrating to wear aligners that aren't doing anything! I did try keeping my aligners out some during a vacation the last two weeks where we were touring remote areas of a national park and there were no good places to brush and rinse. Within a couple of days, I noticed I was loosing some of my vertical correction vertical correction, so I have gone back to my 22 hr schedule.

I've had a good break from my attachments - they were removed before my molds were taken. However, I'm really ready now to get going again and get this over with!!

Wireless

#8 Post by Wireless »

I just got my new aligners - it took the full six weeks. I'm relatively sure case complexity contributed to extra time as my ortho changed my treatment plan. I expect there was a lot of communication between my ortho and Invisalign, as well as input from his colleague.

Along with the aligners came the not-so-good news that I now have 17 more trays to go (eight months :shock: ). Before the mid-course correction I was on trays 14 of 14U / 21L. When my ortho told me there would probably be more trays, I was expecting 10 to 12. I also ended up with different attachments that make both trays much harder to remove.