so far so good

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cheeeese

so far so good

#1 Post by Cheeeese »

I am anxiously awaiting my aligners! I started this process with a consult on June 16th after being referred to my ortho by my dentist. The following week my ortho took x-rays, molds and pics and two weeks after that I took impressions for invisalign. Now I am waiting for the aligners to come in. They said 5 weeks, which would be August 11th (but could be sooner - I hope).

I don't have any complaints yet (besides $4200!). The impressions weren't as bad as I have read they would be, not too uncomfortable at all. The ortho said I would probably get 2 attachments on upper teeth and none would be on the front (happy bout that). I'm not sure whats gonna happen on the bottom.

My issue is a slight overbite and gaps. I have a gap between my front teeth (upper & lower) and apparently many small spaces between most of the other teeth.

So this board has really prepared me in a lot of ways for whats to come. It has been very instrumental in helping me to make the decision TO DO THIS!
Will keep you posted, especially if I start to freak out :D