HELP: the clay stuff they use to take moulds

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

smeepee

HELP: the clay stuff they use to take moulds

#1 Post by smeepee »

Hi all,

I broke my retainer so had to go and have another mould done today. The dentist got a blob of the clay on my face. I wiped it away but it still felt sticky and I presumed it would just wear off, but now I've come home its turned into a light brown patch. Ive tried scrubbing it and its not going away. Could it have burned my skin? I cant get through to my dentist - does anyone know what the clay stuff is and is it dangerous?! Im really freaking out!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

smeepee

#2 Post by smeepee »

Hi again, just to add I spoke to him, and he thinks I may have just had a slight reaction and need to monitor it. :( But any more help is still appreciated!

myhollywoodsmile

#3 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

What colour was the clay? Could it be a stain that might wear off. Sorry, I've been reading these boards a while and haven't heard that before.
Good Luck though- hopefully it will wear off soon.

lt81

#4 Post by lt81 »

I had some on my face when I had my moulds done but it just rubbed off. Mine was the dark blue stuff...not sure what difference the colour would make. Wouldn't have thought it would burn your skin or else it would irritate people's gums wouldn't it? Hope you get it sorted.

smeepee

#5 Post by smeepee »

sorry I'm just replying - lost my internet connection for a few days. Cue my embarrassment :oops: all was fine the next day. I think my extra sensitive skin just reacted to the dye slightly. :oops: The brown was dye stains I think as it came out the next day, and the skin redness went down by the end of the next day. Just my hyperchondriac self playing up again!! :)