I prefer my teeth with my aligners in!

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

comedyfish

#1 Post by comedyfish »

Just popped in my ‘last’ uppers (number 20 of 20) and my teeth look great (obviously) – but I have to say they look so much more flush and even with the aligners in – I’m not disappointed per se just I can’t help but think… why cant they look like they do with Invisalign in!

Anyone know what I mean – or am I being silly? (or both of course)

kezzakattami

#2 Post by kezzakattami »

I know what you mean, I'm on my last aligners too and I get more compliments when the trays are in than when they are out!!!

It's going to take some getting used to when I'm only wearing retainers (once the time comes), but I'm sure we'll adjust, like we did at the start :P
17U/14L

gdriftr

#3 Post by gdriftr »

yeah I know what you mean. They do look more uniform with the aligners... I'm on my second last tray..

myhollywoodsmile

#4 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

Mine look much better with my aligners in. I think not only more uniform, but fuller and even whiter too. The challenge is understanding whether my teeth can be made to look like that with refinements or whether I just have to get used to them without my Invisalign in.

comedyfish

#5 Post by comedyfish »

myhollywoodsmile wrote:Mine look much better with my aligners in. I think not only more uniform, but fuller and even whiter too. The challenge is understanding whether my teeth can be made to look like that with refinements or whether I just have to get used to them without my Invisalign in.
yeah exactly - well my lowers have another 2 months after I finish my uppers next week - I'll be wearing them less so I guess I'll see if i get used to them.

The things I don't care if people don't say to me - wow you have amazing teeth - I did it so that people didn't notice my teeth as much - not that they ever did... it wasn't until i showed a friend a picture of my teeth as they were before she said - 'oh yeah that is a big difference'

I have learnt that people don't really notice other peoples teeth unless they are really bad (and mine weren't) or really good

shagsoprano

#6 Post by shagsoprano »

Ditto all the above. I'm on 21 of 21 lowers and not only do they look better in, it feels more normal in than when they're out.....When they're out, my teeth feel sharp and hard-edged.....weird weird weird....the good news is my bottom teeth are straight, something i used to only dream about, fantasize over....thanks invisalign and all the good people at align technology for inventing a device and method for wimps like me..

DrJasonKTam

#7 Post by DrJasonKTam »

This is a great thread for patients who ask about how comfortable the aligners are and whether they will get used to wearing them.

Obviously everyone has a different experience with them, but it's a great help to compliance when patients like the aligners better in than out!
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

andrea26

#8 Post by andrea26 »

I also prefer my teeth with the aligners in. Everytime they are out I cannot wait to put them back in ! /I never thought I would say this at the beginning/ As someone already mentioned, they do feel sharp without the aligners in. I have got 6 more trays left and I know it will take some time to get used to not wearing them.
started invisalign 23rd March 2009
finished invisalign 3 June 2010

shagsoprano

#9 Post by shagsoprano »

Yes! I think I'm dreading aligner withdrawal! And once I get over that, it'll take me months if not years to rid myself of this confounded habit of brushing and flossing after every meal and snack....Cruel Invisalign, you've turned me into a toothpaste addict too....LOL....

Zoso

#10 Post by Zoso »

My gf and sister said they look straighter already. Impossible after 17 days. It's an illusion brought on by the uniforming/veneering effect the braces have.

My teeth felt odd and sharp at first when naked, but now it doesn't feel odd. I do somewhat prefer to have them in but only because the attachments are much rougher when they're out in the open. I often think I have food stuck on my teeth while eating, but it's just the attachments.

Bellalalala

#11 Post by Bellalalala »

My teeth feel so weird when they touch without the invisalign between them. They feel extremely hard against each other.
I don't like it.

I also have a more comfortable bite with the invisalign in, when I take it out, I don't know where to put my teeth, they don't fit together as well.

redstar99

#12 Post by redstar99 »

I am the same :D Im on 14/18 top aligners 10/10 bottom and I prefer how my teeth look with the aligners in! Never thought i would ever say that when i started, will take some getting used to not having them in when im finished.

TinySmiley

#13 Post by TinySmiley »

I prefer my aligners in my mouth too. Since I had a lot of spacing done in between my teeth, you can really see it when I am not wearing my aligners, but you don't notice the spacing when I am wearing them.

I agree with the above posts, my teeth feel funny when I am not wearing my aligners, so I can't wait to put them back in. Actually, sometimes my aligners feel so comfortable in my mouth, I forget I'm wearing them!! It's just become part of my routine to pop them into my mouth and forget about them. :wink:

myhollywoodsmile

#14 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

I have actually had several times when I have had to put my finger in my mouth to tell if I'm wearing them or not.

anastasia

#15 Post by anastasia »

My teeth look better with them in too. Straighter, whiter, more shiny. Without they look so.. puny!

I also feel it's more comfortable to have the trays in, they're my little plastic friends hugging my teeth :lol:

I might actually miss them, but I won't miss all the hassle when it comes to eating and drinking.