21 Weeks with the Same Upper Tray

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wireless

21 Weeks with the Same Upper Tray

#1 Post by Wireless »

I just started my final upper tray. However, I have nine more lower trays before I finish. My orthodontist has instructed me to wear my upper tray full time (22 hrs /day) for the rest of my treatment, which will be a total of 20 weeks plus an additional week where my travel schedule and ortho appoints conflicted.

Has anyone else had to deal with extended wear of one tray like this? I did have to go 8 weeks on one set of trays earlier and found I was having to do a lot of extra cleaning towards the end. Anyones suggestions will be helpful.

Weeeyin

#2 Post by Weeeyin »

I has 29 upper trays and 13 lower trays so I wore the lower tray 13 for an additional 16+ weeks until I was finished on top (1 week schedule) and now I'm still using the tray 13 and upper 29 as retainers and have been for 6 weeks now. both trays are still quite clean and fresh, I never let them get dry and always soak them in water when I take them out, i found duriung treatment once a tray had been let to dry out it was never the same again.