Question about aligners not fitting

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TinySmiley

Question about aligners not fitting

#1 Post by TinySmiley »

Hi everyone, a newbie member here!! :D

I have a question about the fitting of my aligners. I'm on my 9th (out of 27) and they have been fitting well, but I saw my dentist yesterday and he put in tray #9 and he was a little concerned that my teeth on both sides of my buck teeth are not fitting into my aligners very well. He told me to really bite down on my golf tees (that's what he gave me, instead of chewies) so they fit properly in the aligners. I've noticed with my other aligners that they don't fit well at the beginning, but by the time the two weeks are over, they fit good. I always thought as long as the teeth fit in the aligner by the end of the two weeks then you are OK, but maybe I'm wrong about that? So, today, I spend a HALF HOUR (!!!) after brushing biting down on my golf tees to encourage these teeth to fit better. Has anyone else had this problem before? I don't want refinments (27 aligners are enough for me! :shock: )
Thanks. :D

BraceFace2o1o

#2 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice... but someone made a similar thread before yours. Again, sorry if theirs aren't fitting in a different kinda way to yours - but some of the replies might be of help to you...

viewtopic.php?t=33777&sid=c6f62a8e995c5 ... 7669b22917

Second Time Around

#3 Post by Second Time Around »

Hi there, I am on aligner 18. None of my aligners fit perfectly when I first put them on. I use the chewies about 5-10 minutes per day, and find that they seem to fit properly around the third day of each tray.

TinySmiley

#4 Post by TinySmiley »

thanks for the replies. :)

pompompadom

#5 Post by pompompadom »

Hi, I was on 20/29 and had to go back to tray 17. My ortho seemed to think I was being non compliant over Xmas and went of track.

Each one of my alligners had fitted differently, some good in parts, some bad. The bottom ones are almost done now and it seems okay. It's rubbish to have to think of refinements isn't it!!!

Good luck

TinySmiley

update

#6 Post by TinySmiley »

after a week and a half of biting down (after each insertion of my aligners) they FINALLY have started to fit more snuggly. I noticed day by day the gap was getting smaller and smaller under both of my teeth, but today there is hardly any gap. The thing is I will have to change them tomorrow night--so finally when they start to fit, I have to change them. That's usually how it has gone with all my aligners so far. They fit a lot better my second week of wearing them, is that normal? I always thought as long as they fit by the end of your two weeks, then you are OK? The funny thing is the last few days I have not been biting down for very long after insertion and last night I went out to dinner and had them off for almost 4 hours and then this morning they fit better than before!! Probably conicidence, but I thought that was funny. :wink: