NO Back teeth on one side

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mslinda70

NO Back teeth on one side

#1 Post by mslinda70 »

Im going today for my first invisalign appt, and im so nervous because my general dentist that i was going to, pulled my back teeth on one side instead of trying to save them and i was told to get metal braces i would have to get implants and i dont want to do that, so i was wondering would i need my back teeth on both sides to get invisalign. Im getting married next year and i want to get my braces on and at least my teeth fairly straight before that big day

johnnys_angel

#2 Post by johnnys_angel »

I'm guessing that since invisalign are custom-made, they could probably do it without you having "all" of your back teeth. As to metal braces, maybe you should get a second opinion. I have never heard that you have to have every single one of your molars to get traditional braces. If you're worried about huge brackets being in your wedding pictures, maybe ceramic would be a good idea..?? Good luck!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05: