What invisalign can do (pics)

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

invisagirl

What invisalign can do (pics)

#1 Post by invisagirl »

Thought I would post pictures of my teeth before invisalign and the way they are now. According to invisalign I have only 13 aligners left but I've been stalled for the last 6 weeks so I'm not sure what my ortho will do to finish my case up. Anyway my case was of a higher complexity than most when I started using invisalign but the ortho was sure it would work. Other than currently being stalled I've been very satisfied :D

The classic photo the ortho takes of your teeth to make you not like them very much

My teeth as they are today:
Last edited by invisagirl on Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

rooroo

#2 Post by rooroo »

Looks like Invisalign succeded on pulling down some of your front teeth! That's great news as thats one thing Invisalign wouldn't do for me. Most of the corrections of Invisalign are on the last 10 or so trays so I bet once you get going again you'll see drastic improvement. Are the trays not fitting as well as they used to or is something else holding you up? I had problems towards the end of my treatment with the trays not fitting well at all so I'm sure that made a big difference in my final outcome. Looks good so far!
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment

invisagirl

#3 Post by invisagirl »

Hi rooroo :-1
Invisalign has done a relatively good job of pulling teeth down but unfortunitly my lateral teeth and invisalign aren't working together anymore. Invisalign says they should come down and my teeth say the aligners aren't working as they should. Ahhhh, I'll find out on Tuesday what the ortho wants to do about it. At first it turned out the lateral teeth didn't have room to move so the ortho did a little IPR but I think by that point the aligner was at the point were it was too loose to do all it needed to. If the ortho does a revision it will be my second but given where I started from I don't think that's a bad thing. Just gotta wait and see (which I'm not good at)

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

annel

#4 Post by annel »

Your teeth are looking so nice!!! How many aligners have you worn in the picture above? My teeth are similar and I was just wondering -I am about to start my treatment. Goodluck to you as you finish yours!

invisagirl

#5 Post by invisagirl »

I've been through 48 aligners to get me to where I am in the last picture. The first 31 aligners moved my molars to make room and the past 17 have been doing things to the front teeth. Even though I'm not finished yet I am always amazed when I look in the mirror now and see my teeth! I never thought it was possible! Invisalign has its good and bad points but I think the technology could go really far. Good luck on your journey!!!

IsisKat

#6 Post by IsisKat »

Hi! I'm new to this board. I see you posted back in July but I just wanted to say that your teeth look fantastic!
I recently started invisalign and finally on my 6th day my gums arnt in pain. I cant wait to see an improvement in my bite (slight overbite) and the crowding in front.
Thanks for the post-it's certainly encouraging! :D

buttercup

#7 Post by buttercup »

hi i don't know if i'm paranoid or if it's realy happening but it seems my my gums are receding a litle bit. i was just looking at your pictures and it seems that your front two teeth did a little too. so i was wondering if you noticed any gum recession or if it was just the angle of the camera?
thanks!

lesley

#8 Post by lesley »

Hi Buttercup,
I have definitely noticed gum recession after 13 aligners - I mentioned it once to my ortho and he didn't seem too worried about it. I geuss it is just something that happens to some gums b/c of the aligners.

braced

First appt on Thursday the 15th of dec.

#9 Post by braced »

for possible invisalign down the road. thanks for your posts they have helped me get more informed so I am more mentally prepared to listen to the orthowhirleybird.

invisagirl

#10 Post by invisagirl »

Hi buttercup,
I think its the angle of the camera or something cause I haven't noticed anything. The dental assistance I see hasn't said anything either so I think it must be the picture. My ortho did mention that I had an area in the back that receeded a little but it was caused by brushing too hard :? and not invisalign.