Invisalign advice:-)

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pinkie

Invisalign advice:-)

#1 Post by Pinkie »

Hey there

It's great to read all your messages. Very interesting.

I'm getting moulds done for Invisalign at the moment. I've been called back to get the mould for my lower jaw re-done for the second time as there was a "slight flaw". Has this happened to anyone else? I'm a bit worried my orthodontist is slightly incompetent as i don't know the process.

My friend's orthodontist also said that he wouldn't recommend Invisalign and the company is on the verge of bankruptcy :?

Does anyone have any light to shed on this?

I'd appreciate any replies :)
Pinkie

lesley

#2 Post by lesley »

No need to worry about having to redo the mould - I had to do the same! The SLIGHTEST airbubble poses a problem so the lab asks for it to be redone if they find one. I am now on Aligner 18 out of 24 with no problems!

Pinkie

#3 Post by Pinkie »

Oh cool that's great to know! Thanks :D

So you'd recommend them then? Think i'll have to wear about 24 also!
Pinkie

invisagirl

#4 Post by invisagirl »

Align Technologies (the people who make Invisalign) turned a profit a year or two ago and had a good last quarter based on how the stock rose after the announcement so I don't think their going bankrupt. One less thing to worry about! :D

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.