advice please..

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

buttercup

advice please..

#1 Post by buttercup »

soooo after wearing invisalign for bout 5 months now, i'm kind of regretting it. i'm on 10/10 upper and 10/24 lowers. my upper teeth are definitely better but far from perfect. i remember just starting out and thinking to myself that there is a 50/50 chance for me, and since i''m 21 maybe it'll work better (my uppers at least). well i guess i'm wrong. i'll be going in to get the free refinement in 2 weeks, but am thinking should ijust give up invisalign now and just switch to traditional braces? one thing it'll make eating a lot easier. also, i'll be backpacking in china this summer and eating will be sort of a pain if i have invisalign and have to worry about brushing/ cleaning/ wearing them for 22 hours blablablabla. but then again i do like the fact that invisalign is somewhat clear. and since i have a speech class this quarter, i'd prefer my teeth to not have metal all in them. advice? should i switch to traditional braces now? or should i go through refinement and thEN go to traditional braces?
also, for those who had to switch to trad braces (for free) were you able to get the white brackets for your top teeth also?
ahhhh invisalign isn't horrible i guess since it did help out a bit. but it doesn't give you perfection (which is what we all paid for and more) . oh welll.

Pinkie

#2 Post by Pinkie »

Don't worry about the backpacking - i'm just back from travelling in a 3rd world country and removing the aligners for eating etc was an unbelievably minor irritation! You'll be able to do it, it's no problem.
Pinkie

diehard

#3 Post by diehard »

i dont know if u know it but people in usa have it so good with orthos free refinement (in uk £250) and free braces if invisalign does not work (in uk £2500 to £3000) :lol: