Invisalign Express/ Bite problems

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ravengrl

Invisalign Express/ Bite problems

#1 Post by Ravengrl »

I just started april 6th after procrastinating for 1.5 years. I looked into the possible negative outcomes, but all people really had to complain about was attachments, keeping aligners in longer, sore tongues, etc. Now some of you on this board are talking about how invisalign created bite problems and I'm worried. So here are questions for you people that ended up with the bite problems: were you an invisalign express case? how many trays did you have? did you notice your bite was off early in treatment? What did your ortho say when you told her/him?

Raven
Started 04/06/06
9-upper, 9-lower

diehard

#2 Post by diehard »

i dont think u will have any problems because u have so few trays i have 47 uppers 37 lowers my bite does feel off and im on tray 7 but the bite feels better with trays in the bite could be due to the fact i had 4 extractions though :D

purvs

#3 Post by purvs »

hi Ravengrl.
i started invisalign on march 24th.. amd on second trays now, and my bite is a bit off too. I have an appointment with my ortho in May and plan on asking him about it. It feels wierd when I chew/eat. How about you. Did you ask your ortho?
Thanks.

lesley

#4 Post by lesley »

It is normal to feel bite changes during treatment - your teeth are moving, so naturally things are going to change and feel different.

Invisalign has actually fixed my bite problem - I had a cross bite and now it is completely gone. On 21/24 total aligners.

Ravengrl

#5 Post by Ravengrl »

purvs -- it does feel weird when i chew/eat. i haven't asked my ortho about it yet. I feel like since it hasn't even been a full week yet that this might just be in my head. :lol: does that make sense?

lesley -- yeah, i get that things are going to feel odd for awhile, but my ortho specifically said during my consult that i have NO bite problems. Now i'm worried that i'm about to screw it up!

nvrsaynvr

#6 Post by nvrsaynvr »

When I first started Invisalign, I noticed a change in my bit and eating. (my teeth wouldnt close all the way when my trays were in) and my jaw hurt, also my bite didnt seem right.
Now Im on tray 11 and I dont have a bit issue and dont have issues eating. At the beginning, I would eat and bit my check, because my bite was so different.
I think my bite issue went away around... tray 8.

nvrsaynvr

#7 Post by nvrsaynvr »

Made a mistake on my last posting. What I meant to say is ...
my teeth wouldnt close all the way when I would take my trays out. Which they used to before Invisalign.

My bite is fine now and I dont have a concern with my bite.

purvs

#8 Post by purvs »

thanks for all the replies...
the wierd thing about my bite is that my back teeth don't touch completly when I bite down while eating... lesley, that's great that your bite was fixed.. I have an overbite and my ortho said he will try and fix it ... so hopefully that's whats happening. too early to tell, will wait for my 8th tray and see. :D

lesley

#9 Post by lesley »

At one point in my treatment, I too could not feel my back teeth while eating - and I used to be able to. Of course I was worried too! Now, I can feel them and it is perfectly normal -just wanted to ease some people's worries!

purvs

#10 Post by purvs »

lesley wrote:At one point in my treatment, I too could not feel my back teeth while eating - and I used to be able to. Of course I was worried too! Now, I can feel them and it is perfectly normal -just wanted to ease some people's worries!
thanks lesley!

cleveman

#11 Post by cleveman »

i currently have the same issue with my RWB treatment, and have for a couple months. when I bite down w/o the trays on, my front teeth touch before my molars, so I effectively can't touch my molars together. sounds like a relatively common thing. My dentist mentioned that for some people the molars actually recess into the gums a bit while the treatment is on-going. he said they may create an aligner for me toward the end that only covers the front teeth to allow the molars to "erupt" again, if it doesn't correct by then.

purvs

#12 Post by purvs »

cleveman wrote:i currently have the same issue with my RWB treatment, and have for a couple months. when I bite down w/o the trays on, my front teeth touch before my molars, so I effectively can't touch my molars together. sounds like a relatively common thing. My dentist mentioned that for some people the molars actually recess into the gums a bit while the treatment is on-going. he said they may create an aligner for me toward the end that only covers the front teeth to allow the molars to "erupt" again, if it doesn't correct by then.
cleveman, thats is EXACTLY what is happening with my front teeth. Thanks for the explanation.

debsoley

Invisalign Express`

#13 Post by debsoley »

I had an overbite with minor crowding. Mine only took 4 months.
I am very happy with my outcome and the price I paid ($700).
Although, dentist says at night when I sleep I have to still wear it
every night indefintately - so it won't shift! I don't know if I can deal
with wearing it every night my whole life??