Getting invisalign next Thursday

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ria

Getting invisalign next Thursday

#1 Post by Ria »

They are finally here! I have an appointment next Thursday June 22. I am a bit nervous but also anxious to get this started. I have always wanted straight teeth. I will let you all know how it goes. I have to get 3 buttons and filing between my teeth to make room. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Any advice is welcome! AAAh I can't believe i am doing it. I am 35 with crowding and one of my teeth sticks out on top. Most people say that i don't need to do this but it is a personal thing. Does anyone know if Invisalign can e-mail the Clintest to me so that I can show my husband the results??

thanx,

Ria

diehard

#2 Post by diehard »

i asked my ortho about sending me an email and she did but it only showed it from 1 angle which i suppose is beter than nothing i still view mine on a regular basis though you did not say how many trays u are having im 47 on top 36 on bottom im now about to change to number 12 tommorow so far im happy my advice to u if your getting them on thursday is to put them in on friday night that way you don`t have to wear them at work when new and most of the discomfort will happen while u sleep i would not like to go through daytime wearing a new set because you keep clamping jaws shut because the new tray don`t alway sit down perfectly straight away. Hope some of that helps oh nearly forgot try and stay 1 foot away from people when talking if u don`t want them to know.

amber

#3 Post by amber »

Goodluck Ria.
Invisalign is easy to get used to. Read aloud to get your speech back to normal quickly. As diehard says I would put new trays in at night so that you can go a full 12 hours without removing them for the first time. I used to take 2 advil as well, and would normally wake up without too much discomfort. Retainerbrite (? spelling) is great for keeping the trays clean and clear. Learn to drink water rather than soda or tea/coffee. That way you wont have to take them out as often during the day. Always brush before you put the trays back - you don't want to get cavities during your treatment - new fillings can change the way your trays fit.

statman

you will be fine

#4 Post by statman »

Ria,

I have had invisalign for the last 3 months. My ortho did not put any attachments on my teeth till after the first 3 weeks. It only hurts after you change to a new aligner. You just put the new aligners on at night and pop a tylenol or two and you should be fine. I rinse my mouth or brush my teeth after eating. After about 2 weeks, you wont even feel your wearing braces. Good luck to you!