Invisalign Worked for Me

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Corey

Invisalign Worked for Me

#1 Post by Corey »

I came across this website while researching Invisalign and to be honest this site did not make me feel warm and cozy about my decision to get the treatments.

Just a little background on myself; I am one of those people that had traditional braces in high school, lost my retainer in college and my teeth began to move. What began to bother me about my teeth was the gap my upper front teeth developed. Since I am getting married this summer I decided it was now or never to do something. I found a local orthodontist on the Invisalign website and made an appointment. At the appointment he said I was a good candidate for Invisalign because my teeth were all relatively straight and some gapping has occurred. He recommended I go with Invisalign Express and about a month later after my impressions were sent I received my 10 trays. I always found the trays to feel pretty tight when first putting them in, but that only lasted a day or so and I never had any pain. I did have to sand down some of the edges of the trays because they were cutting into my mouth or tongue. That was really the only discomfort I felt. I tried to wear them as much as possible, but there were always those occasions that they were not in. If I had an important dinner to attend, a wedding or was just out drinking with friends I would always leave the trays at home. I also found the trays difficult to wear when traveling so I had them out most of the day. I did make sure I never missed wearing them at night. I think wearing them at night is important because it gives you a good 8 hours without having to remove them. To clean the trays I never brushed them but instead I soaked them in Efferdent with the Listerine. It never caused the trays to discolor.

So after 5 months and 10 trays I had one of my last appointments yesterday. I am very happy with the results and my teeth look 100% better. I have to wear my trays for another 3 weeks because the gap seems to reappear when the trays are out. I will probably end up getting a permanent retainer just for the uppers. Everything has worked out as well as I could hope for and my treatments will be finished 4 days before the wedding. Thanks for reading and I felt like I needed to post a positive story with Invisalign.

amber

#2 Post by amber »

I agree - you sound like the poster child for invisalign. The problem is invisalign is being recommended for much more complex cases than yours.

Corey

#3 Post by Corey »

I completely agree with you Amber. Invisalign would have never corrected the mess my teeth were before traditional braces.

diehard

#4 Post by diehard »

shame u only had 10 trays i cant imagine much going wrong with such a small number mine is 47 and im on 12 now i think it will be a miracle if i get to the end of my treatment without a revision or me being happy with the results but i believe that invisalign is like riding a bike with stabilizers (preperation for braces if needed) i feel that without this option or lingual i would carry on through life feeling i need to fix them but not getting anything done about it :(