For all the worriers

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rio UK

#16 Post by Rio UK »

anastasia wrote:
Alex2411 wrote:haha, your mad. after all the money spent you should try to do it as good as you can. however its up to you and if your not having any problems then its a relief to us lot who may come across similar problems. good read any way thanks
Haha, that's what my man said.
When I first met him, I took off my aligners for dates - we were always eating or drinking anyway. Then the dates turned into long nights and days spent together, with no trays in, and I finally had to "confess" that I was doing this (yeah, I think it's a bit embarrassing, certainly not very sexy). He was just shocked that I'd paid so much for this treatment and didn't do it properly. So I'm better now, he always asks if I have put my trays in!

I was REAL bad btw, I think I almost went two whole days without the trays in on more than one occation. They felt a little tight afterwards, but no problems. Still, I can't imagine that it's healthy for the teeth to be shifting all the time? I really don't know. But I won't be that reckless again, it's just plain stupid.

I think I have to skip a tray too, I'm supposed to change to 14 on tuesday but just noticed that it's completely wrecked and bent for some reason. Hopefully tray 15 fits, I'm gonna try that and call my ortho to hear what he has to say. He'll probably say the same, right? I don't wanna wait ages for a new tray no 14 :?
omg anastasia you sound just like me!! I went on a few dates with a guy on my first & second aligners. I was embarassed (well stupid really) and left them out for about 5/6 hours until I got home! :oops:
On another ocassion (4th aligner) I went away for 2 nights and actually left them behind! After that I paniced that i'd done some serious damage so from aligner 5 onwards I have been so good!!! I still worry sometimes that i did some long term damage :?
Invisalign upper teeth on July 16th 2008: 14 aligners.
Fixed brace bottom teeth 8th October 2008!

Chris1960

#17 Post by Chris1960 »

Well, I've been on a 10 day cycle for 5-6 trays now. Just slipped on 18 of 23. Trays go on w/o out complaint. They are tight for a day.

Interestingly my ortho left off a few attachments. I noticed an incisor was not coming down. I asked the ortho and he let on that he plans on a few wires in the adjustment phase. I have a molar that seems to be way off, You'd think by 18 of 23 most of the teeth would be fairly close to final position.
Brackets off 6/5/08
Invisaligns on 7/28/08
(7 Week delay)
21 of 23 U&L (Skipped a tray/On a 10 day rotation)

Class II subdivision right
Moderate upper/lower crowding
Partial anterior crossbite
Normal overbite/overjet
Sentence: 18-20 months