cost for small number of trays

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

diehard

cost for small number of trays

#1 Post by diehard »

just wondered if in usa it costs same for small number of trays opposed to a large number in uk its same price £2000 for top and £2000 for bottom at least I get my moneys worth 47 uppers 37 lowers. :lol:

pucca26

#2 Post by pucca26 »

It means about USD 7,000? I think it’s really expensive. In USA people pay about USD 4,000 to 6,000 for all treatment depending on how many trays they need.
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008

Pinkie

#3 Post by Pinkie »

It must depend on the dental clinic..

I'm paying €5,300. That's about $6,500 and £3,500.. 47 Upper and 11 Lower. It includes all your visits and the Xrays etc. For me, ordinary train tracks would have been €4,700 and i would have had to wear them for a similar amount of time..

I'm not sure about the follow up visits and the retainer when the treatment is finished - i know sometimes that's included in your payment so maybe that's why yours is more expensive??

Can you get some of your money back in tax when you finish treatment in the UK and US?
Pinkie

diehard

#4 Post by diehard »

pucca26 that is the uk for u over priced and pinkie no tax breaks also, but i do not really care iv wanted treatment since i was a teenager its took me till 27 to finally get treatment so i can improve my life i think also approaching 30 is a big thing, might even get some nip/tuck done when finished (make me beautiful) :lol:

xty2008

#5 Post by xty2008 »

Hey diehard, where are u gettin urs done?

John37

#6 Post by John37 »

I heard of something called Invisalign Express. It just means you only need 10 sets of aligners or less. The cost is lower, like $2000-2500. I don't really know the details, so you'll have to search further about this.

SnowSara

#7 Post by SnowSara »

Ohh, A coworker of mine said she was getting "invisalign express" and I wondered what that meant!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

SnowSara

#8 Post by SnowSara »

I'd like to hear what others have to say, because I would be really hesitant to try anything with "express" in the name when it came to my teeth. And you know it's never going to be that simple as ten trays and done. It's nice to have the less expensive option for people with very, very simple cases I guess. But I thought I was a simple case until I consulted with an ortho! I guess my opinion is that it can take as long as it needs as long as I have optimum results (which is also why I went with metal braces and didn't push for invisalign after my ortho told me i'd be happier with the results of braces). BUT it's easy for me to say that now that I've been through it and done, I didn't know anything about orthodontia until after I was braced. Hmmm.

John37

#9 Post by John37 »

SnowSara, I think you are right that you can't do much with only 10 trays. But there are people with very minor gaps between teeth. Other people had braces as a teenager and didn't wear their retainer, so their teeth moved, but only a little. To you or I their teeth may look perfect. I guess Invisalign is trying to tap every possible market.

SnowSara

#10 Post by SnowSara »

Well that's what I'm sayin', I only had tiny gaps between a couple teeth but otherwise thought I had relatively straight teeth. Seemed simple enough. Granted, I was only a year in braces so I was indeed a mild case, but not mild enough for invisalign, let alone an "express" version. I'm just wondering how many of these express cases end up doing further treatment, including not only more trays but being braced. I think if you signed up for something simple, fast and discreet you'd be bummed to learn it wasn't going to be enough and you had to pay for further, perhaps more "invasive" treatment. In and out of braces in a year might end up being "easier" after all, but you wouldn't know that until you were done with your 10 trays and still not happy. But certainly, I agree, there has to be cases so mild that 10 trays indeed do the trick.

I'll find out more about it as my co-worker goes through it. She's not starting invisalign express until next year though. Her teeth look about the same as mine did when I started in braces, I think she had braces when she was younger so her teeth look purty good already. I need to get her on here!

zone6

#11 Post by zone6 »

Watch my VIDEOs, visit my blog… http://imperfect2invisalign.blogspot.com
U: 16
L: 10
8 months total treatment time

Leelee

#12 Post by Leelee »

I'm doing the Invisalign Express, 10U/10L. Before my Clincheck was done, I wasn't sure if I would qualify for Express or not, but my dentist and Align were able to conclude that I was eligible for Express. Hopefully, my results will be as good as my Clincheck says they will be :? I'm hopeful though. I already have attachments, and I'm only on the first tray, so maybe that will help. Plus, my case doesn't seem too complicated, just some crowding. Although I know what the patient thinks is simple might not always be so. Oh, I'm in Las Vegas, NV (US) and my cost was $2,800.00. If I would've had to extend my treatment to even 1 more tray on either upper or lower, the cost would've risen to almost $4,000.00; a very sneaky thing Align does, I guess. So hopefully I won't have to do any refinements, because they're not included w/Express (a drawback for paying less).
Finished w/Invisalign Express, now on my third set of Vivera retainers

LoronDotCom

#13 Post by LoronDotCom »

Can you get some of your money back in tax when you finish treatment in the UK and US?
Through my insurance I can set aside up to $3000 of my pre-tax income per year into a Flexible Spending Account and I can use that money for almost anything medical related. So basically every year I can get $3000 worth of tax-free medical related purchases which includes stuff like prescriptions, copays on office visits, medical equipment, some over the counter medications, and orthodontia. :D

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p502/index.html