Invisalign or braces with an implant?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

G's Mom

Invisalign or braces with an implant?

#1 Post by G's Mom »

Hi - I am new to this board, and also posted in tehe Metalmouth forum. I got a lot of helpful suggestions, including that I should also post on the invisalign board. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine:

I had braces as a teen, but was born without the tooth right next to my front tooth, I think a lateral. The dentist just moved all my teeth together with braces. I wore retainers for a few years, but eventually stopped. Now, at 38, my teeth have totally shifted (pretty predictable I realize now). My midline is off quite a bit and I have gaps between my front teeth. My midline was never near being aligned, really.

I went to an orthodontist, who said I have 2 options:

1. Get Invisalign for 6 months to close the gaps but my midline would still be off. This would be less expensive and would look much better than I look now but not as close to esthetically perfect

2. Get braces for 24-30 months, creating a gap for an implant. He also suggested 3 veneers as a possibility for the 3 front teeth, to "match" the implant, but veneers don't have to be done. (I don't want veneers at all.)

I was wondering if anyone else has this missing tooth problem and if anyone has gotten Invisalign to close the gaps? I am tempted to get the Invisalign to at least get a better smile, but am thinking I am rushing into this. And the veneers suggestion put me off because I was thinking "Why not just go and get veneers, then, without all the pain of braces!?" Thanks for any input you have.

momof3

#2 Post by momof3 »

deleted