Considering Inviligh after lingual made my smile worse

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gilda

Considering Inviligh after lingual made my smile worse

#1 Post by Gilda »

I don't know what to do. I am 40 years old I wanted invisiligh to bring down my two front teeth, that was the only thing that bother me, I shouldn't have done anything as people always said that I had a beautiful smile. I got interested in fix my teeth because I heard about invilinigh ,regular braces were not an option for me.
One of the consultations the ortho said I would have a better result with lingual braces instead of invisiligh, unfortunately I fell for that. He gave an estimate treatment time of 8 months. It has been 9 months and my smile looks awful my teeth in the front don't touch. I kept gradually looking worse sense puting braces on, once I asked in this forum and people assured me that it looks worse before it can look better. I finally presured the ortho to tell me what was going on he finally admited that the lingual wasn't working and in fact made the teeth worse, he said the manufacter (damon) assured him that it would work. He than suggested removing teh lingual and puting braces on the outside and the very next day I had damon braces on. After puting them on he said I would stay with them for 6 motnhs. I was furious. I looked in the mirror and hated the look.
I am so mad at my self for messing up with what once was a beautiful smile.
Went back there and told the ortho that it didn't make any sense to have paid for lingual and now have to wear regular braces to fix what the lingual did.
He offer to put invisiligh. I asked if invililigh woud work as now it was no longer to fix my two front teeth but so many teeth that the lingual shifted to the wrong directions. He said it would fix but would take a long time.
What should I do?
I hate this braces.
I want invisiligh but this ortho is not experienced with it.
This ortho doesn't do ceramic braces which could also be an option.
Should I ask for my money back and go to another ortho for the ceramic braces?
Should I ask my money back and go to another ortho for the inviligh as this ortho doesn't have much experience with it. In this case would cost me a lot as this ortho wouldn't be charging for the inviligh.
Plese help me out here I have a meeting with the ortho this week to make decisions.

sneakers321

#2 Post by sneakers321 »

I usually agree with Maryaten's comment here on archwired, and here it is no different. I would seriously consider going to other orthos for consultations, and choosing one you feel most comfortable with.

Whatever you choose, I hope it all wroks out for you and will keep checking back for updates!

Expander placed May 3, 2007- REMOVED Sept 18 2007.
Invisalign: U34, L26 started Oct. 29
See my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=14946

Gilda

#3 Post by Gilda »

I had a meeting with the orth yesterday.
He was very understanding about my ordeal and resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

Gilda

#4 Post by Gilda »

Two months has passed I waited to receive my refund before posting here. What happened back then was that the ortho offered full refund and to do the treatment for free. He told me that the lingual made my teeth move to the wrong positions and he said - The manufacture assured that it would work!!
That made me wonder if he was trying something new on me. He told me that he just came from a training for lingual braces when I went there. He told me that he will no longer do lingual braces.
Anyway when I posted here months ago asking why my smile looked worse it was not a matter of looking worse before it look better. Things were actually going wrong.
I already see a tremendous improvement from what the lingual caused. Another two to four months and this regular braces should be off.

Gilda

#5 Post by Gilda »

More than four months has passed and the braces still on :(
One tooth still in such an odd position. The top teeth still not ovelapping the bottom.
What a mess I got myself into.

Gilda

#6 Post by Gilda »

The four to six months was such a lie.

Gilda

#7 Post by Gilda »

Just too many wrong estimates for me to trust this ortho. First I went there for Invisiline and he estimate :cry: that lingual braces were best than Invisiline (later found out he had no experience with it), he estimate :cry: it would take 8 months on the 10 months he had to remove the whole thing and put regular braces to fix the damage done by the lingual I asked him for a good estimative as I had the option to go somewhere else for a more discreet braces than Damon. He estimate :cry: 4 to 6 months. Today month 7 my next adjustment is in 3 weeks. I don't think his estimates were ever true. It was just to buy time.
I am just a not happy camper today.
Regular braces have never been an option for me, I wanted Invisiline, and here I am stuck with regular braces to fix what an ortho did.

Gilda

#8 Post by Gilda »

Last edited by Gilda on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brittany

#9 Post by brittany »

Oops. Nevermind lol
Last edited by brittany on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gilda

Two front teeth

#10 Post by Gilda »

I had two upper front teeth that I wanted bring in. I guess I want perfection and I am paying the price for such a stupid idea. My mother was right when she said I had too much time and money on my hands.
Unfortunally I never heard of teeth getting worse after braces. I think I am the first case ever. I decided on one orthodontic to fix this mess. Of several ortho that I went for consultation one asked - What kid put braces on you? and another asked if I got a financial compensation.