Popped one off but apparently not a big deal hrmm...

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tizzy

Popped one off but apparently not a big deal hrmm...

#1 Post by tizzy »

Dang, I went a little She-Hulk on my new aligner last night and instead of letting my teeth get used to the new aligner I tried to yank it out right away and *pop* off came one of my attachments. Sigh, I couldn't leave well enough alone. Anyway called the ortho's office today and even though my next appointment isn't until January they said it's not a big deal and I can just get it reattached then. I've read elsewhere that others have gone quite a while without replacing an attachment as well. I was told that since I had attachments on my other teeth they would compensate. Has anyone else had to wait a while to replace an attachment?

PaulInc

#2 Post by PaulInc »

My dentist told me if one popped off and it was under 3 weeks till my next appointment, then just wait till the appointment, but if it was over 3 weeks i should make an appointment to come in and get it reattached.

The attachments are there to do one or two things, either help move a tooth or help keep the aligners seated down on the teeth. If it's to help move a tooth, then the other attachments arent going to be helping much.

I'd go in and make them reattach it.

tizzy

#3 Post by tizzy »

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about it, the tooth the attachment is on isn't crooked or anything I'm assuming it was there to help the aligner have a better grip...they said it's not a big deal unless the aligner doesn't fit properly...maybe I should just say the aligner feels a tad loose hrrmmm...bleh

PaulInc

#4 Post by PaulInc »

Go back and get it reattached. Clearly you're not comfortable with the idea of it being off when it's part of the treatment plan.

In the mean time, get a chewy and chew away for 30 minutes a day on the side where the attachment was. This will help the tooth stay aligned and the aligners seated.