Attachments fell off and Ortho says it's ok

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newbie09

Attachments fell off and Ortho says it's ok

#1 Post by newbie09 »

I got 12 attachments yesterday and by the end of the day 2 of them had fallen off. I called my ortho first thing in the morning and they say it's ok and since I have "enough" attachments. They are going to put them back on at my next appointment, which is in 3 weeks.

Did anyone have a similar experience? Should I insist on having them put back on ASAP or trust my ortho and not worry about the missing attachments for three weeks?

Wobblydeb

#2 Post by Wobblydeb »

Not sure I'd worry about a couple for 3 weeks. You might lose another couple in that time, and it will be much easier to do them all at once!

I did that - one fell off the same day so I went back 2 days later, then I lost another the following day, and had to go back again!

Touch wood, they've stayed on since then for 9 months :)
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

PaulInc

#3 Post by PaulInc »

Make sure you don't get any moisture/lip on the glue before the attachment is on.

My lip popped out of the rubber ring and touched my attachment glue and within 10 minutes of leaving the place i'd lost 2 attachments.

3 Weeks should be ok, it's only 1 aligner change.

tizzy

#4 Post by tizzy »

Meh, I didn't have two attachments placed back on for 6 weeks and another for 8 weeks and I was fine (mind you I have 14 attachments and 2 hooks for elastics in total so maybe that's a lot of back-up.) My teeth are moving along nicely even with the attachments not placed on immediatly after falling off. If your ortho says you will be okay I'm sure it will be all good.

Chris1960

#5 Post by Chris1960 »

My ortho didn't even bother with half my attachments. I have two trays left so I guess he's not too concerned.
Brackets off 6/5/08
Invisaligns on 7/28/08
(7 Week delay)
21 of 23 U&L (Skipped a tray/On a 10 day rotation)

Class II subdivision right
Moderate upper/lower crowding
Partial anterior crossbite
Normal overbite/overjet
Sentence: 18-20 months

pompompadom

#6 Post by pompompadom »

Hi

The same has happened to me, how you people getting on now???