Yay. first day... thoughts.

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Yay. first day... thoughts.

#1 Post by cron »

Hey all, i've been reading on these forums for the past few weeks but decided not to post until i first started my treatment.

i started today so i figured i'd post a few random thoughts:

-pressure: wow.. the minute i put these things on i can feel the pressure on all of my teeth. it's intense. it doesn't reallly hurt, but my teeth and gums are obviously sore. i can't really chew on foods so i've been eating noodle soup. kinda sucks but, i figure i'm going to deal with this for the first couple days of each aligner change

-eating with attachments: this. sucks.. i can't bite down to hard because if i did my top teeth will kill the attachments on the bottom teeth. so it's like i can't close my bite as a result. i'm hoping i can eat steak n stuff. things that actually require me to chew with full motion.

-lisp: ever so slight. within an hour of getting them put in, a dude at work asked if i was chewing tobacco or something.. but then i think it went away in a couple of hours. right now i think i can talk almost perfectly but it's still slightly. i doubt it'll last.

-only 10 trays???: i have 10 top trays and 10 bottom trays. this whole treatment is apparently only going to be 20 weeks for me.. does that sound right? not really complaining but i've heard about people have trays in the mid 20 range. maybe my teeth aren't as bad as i thought they were?

-and finally, i'm so glad i'm finally doing this :)

pompompadom

#2 Post by pompompadom »

Good news you're actually started!!

I've got my clinicheck this afternoon.

Did he tell you about attatchments at Clinicheck? How do they get them off? How long will you have them on for?

In my original appointment I was told treatment time was 12-15 months so I would be in the mid 20's range I guess. Can't wait to get started though!!

Good luck

Wobblydeb

#3 Post by Wobblydeb »

Invisalign do an "Express" option which is up to 10 trays. I can understand how simple cases can be that quick. The main movement on my sticky-out incisor was done by about tray 5 :)
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

pompompadom

#4 Post by pompompadom »

I've just had my clinicheck - 29 upper and 21 lower, and loads and loads of blimmin attatchments. Arrgghh, how many do you have? Are they really noticable. I'm a bit gutted as I chose Invisalign because I thought it was hardly noticiable, but now am I going to have speed bumps all over my mouth!!

Hows the pain eating still?

WPGKatie

#5 Post by WPGKatie »

I'm currently on tray 40/41, and just waiting for my next approximate set of 40-ish. My teeth were not as bad as they sound, just my eye tooth was turned inwards before the procedure, and overlapping my front tooth also known as the famous "snaggle-tooth", haha. Also my teeth were all 2mm to the left (ALL of my teeth) so they all had to be shifted to the right to center them, and I had a slight over-bite.

I'm a 21 year old female, and still, a year later, have a slight lisp, but I've learned to deal with it, I get told that it's kinda cute, lol.

I eat steak ALL the time, lol no worries. I just don't eat the first day after my filing, or right in the morning (I guess subconsciously I think I have something in my mouth while I'm sleeping, so I kinda grind my teeth, and they really REALLY hurt in the morning, but it's do-able to have a beautiful smile).

I'm half-way through my procedure, and get compliments daily on my beautiful smile. I'm not even done, and already it has given me confidence BEYOND belief. More than someone with naturally straight teeth can even begin to imagine.

You're going to LOVE yourself for getting invisaligns.

andrea26

#6 Post by andrea26 »

i have also just started the treatment the first 4 days were quite painful

and very uncomfortable but now i hardly notice that i have them in.

only 1 person noticed so far. It s incredible that i can see that my teeth

have moved a little bit already only after a week! When they are out my

teeth feel very weird and lose. I have 22 trays both for upper and lower/about 11months/

so not too long. i am really glad i got them. The only bad thing is

changing your eating habits .