Bleeding gums

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VaniBella

Bleeding gums

#1 Post by VaniBella »

My gums bleed a little when removing the upper tray. I ate breakfast this morning and then after i brushed, my lower gum started bleeding-but i only have an upper tray? weird. well, i tried to search and i found a few people saying this has happened to them.
Anyone?

lemon tree

#2 Post by lemon tree »

^ this happened to me when I first started my trays as well despite pretty good dental hygiene. i called my dentist's office and they said it should be ok provided it's just a blood drop here and there. it rarely bleeds anymore.

Wireless

#3 Post by Wireless »

I had some minor problems starting out, in part due to inflamed gums from a deep overbite. I think the problem comes from some spots where the aligners touched my gums. After the first week or so I haven't had any more problems.

I had my first dental checkup about three months into treatment, and my regular dentist was very impressed at how much my gum health had improved.

Some of this is probably due the extra flossing and brushing that goes along with Invisalign. You probably can't miss improving oral health brushing 6 times a day!!!