2nd tray question

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nycgrrl

2nd tray question

#1 Post by nycgrrl »

Hi everyone ~ I had another question and since everyone was so helpful last time I thought I'd try again.

So my teeth have finally adjusted to my first tray (I'm 7 days in) my question is, when I get my 2nd tray next week is it going to be AS painful and uncomfortable as my first tray was? B/c those first 3-4 days were so frustrating. Please tell me the 2nd tray won't be as bad?? Thanks!!

kimnim1

#2 Post by kimnim1 »

i'd say it is a tray by tray basis. meaning each tray will be a little different. i'm starting tray 4 tonight so i'm sure i'll be more sore for the next couple days, but it doesn't last long. just remember that it is all worth it in the end and it keeps getting easier to deal with them. i'm glad u are already feeling better about them.

btw, i drank beer with them for the first time this weekend with no staining, but my teeth and trays felt pretty gross the next day, almost sticky. i wouldn't recommend drinking too much with them in, but some people have no problems. guess it's a personal preference. hang in there!

nycgrrl

#3 Post by nycgrrl »

thanks! ok good to know.

as for drinking -- i'm mostly a vodka martini or vodka & soda girl and i've had no problems drinking with the aligners in -- there's no sticky residue or anything....although, i did take the out when i had a cosmo b/c that is full of sugar.....and you're right it will all be worth it in the end!! (it better) :)

Zoso

#4 Post by Zoso »

My first tray...teeth bothered me for several days. Not pain, but just general unease. Felt like my lower incisors were all packed together.

Second tray (first with attachements), the soreness was far greater and the fit tighter, but my teeth adjusted to it in about 40 hours, including two nights of sleep. This second pair has been great after they settled in. But you never know how it's gonna be...depends which teeth are being moved, and by how much, and whether they've already been moved.

As for drinking, I do it every weekend and my braces never feel gross. They've never smelled either.