I feel more confident about my teeth...

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SteveL

I feel more confident about my teeth...

#1 Post by SteveL »

... with the trays on than without. I'm on tray 9 of 18, and with them in my teeth looks pretty shiny and the front tooth looks like it's moved.

Once I take them off, they're not as shiny, I see the front tooth has yet to move that much and I'm kinda like "aww" lol. I know I'm not alone.

Anyway, I feel the back teeth have moved, but still working on the front tooth to align itself correctly. I have faith it will, but I keep praying it'll be any day now. I hear halfway is when the front teeth has moved for many people, but sometimes it doesn't move until the final four trays or so (which would be trays 14-18 for me).

Can't believe it's been 4 months since I've had Invisalign though. Time flies. It's a hassle at times, but being out of work partially has been a blessing in disguise in one regard. I'd hate to work full time (M-F 9-5) with Invisalign. Hopefully when they're ready to be taken out for good I'll be working full time with a straight smile :)

So far I'm happy with Invisalign. The trays don't hurt at all. In fact, my latest tray I only felt the SLIGHTEST discomfort for maybe 15 minutes.... a new career best! Usually it took a day or two for my teeth to adjust. But lately it's only taken 15 minutes or so. Should this be something to be worried about, or is it a good sign that my teeth are moving on schedule?

4 more months to go... halfway home (hopefully!)

andrea26

#2 Post by andrea26 »

hi,
I never really have any pain when starting a new set. I feel pressure on my teeth for about half an hour and then I don't notice it anymore. I definately would not call it pain, it's just pressure that I feel and it's exciting because I know my teeth are moving ! My teeth do hurt once I take the trays out to eat.
Maybe I have been lucky but I never really experienced discomfort and pain with invisalign.
started invisalign 23rd March 2009
finished invisalign 3 June 2010

KUMonkeyMomma

#3 Post by KUMonkeyMomma »

I know just what you mean! I think the shininess and smoothness of the aligners makes the teeth look better. When we had professional pictures done back in October I did them with them in, just for that reason. The shiny didn't show up on the picture but my teeth did look better even tho I'd only been in trays for a month and half at that point.

I can definitely tell they have moved, and so can others that know I have them. Not significant but enough that I can tell.

When I switch trays I usually put the new ones in at night and by morning all I have is maybe 5 mins of uncofortableness when I take out the tray (release of pressure maybe) and then 15-20 mins of pressure/uncomfortableness when I put the tray back in. This happens for maybe a day or so. When they're in after that initial 15 mins they feel fine and no pain or pressure, etc. Chewing/biting is a bit more "painful" (for lack of a better word) that first day or so but not bad, I just make sure I avoid sandwiches or apples, etc - anything that would require force when biting into to bite off a piece/bite.
Donna
Started treatment 9/2/09
Treatment finished 4/27/11

Second Time Around

#4 Post by Second Time Around »

Hi,
I have to agree with your statement that not working 9-5 during Invisalign makes the experience easier. I have often felt that getting through treatment would be so much easier if it wasn't for the Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 at the office. I find I can't maintain the same level of hygiene I do at home (i.e. I brush in the office restroom but I don't floss, or brush my aligners in public). Also, there are many days when I have to rush from one meeting to another, and it's just not possible to eat on the run as I have to factor in time for tooth brushing etc. Overall, I find it so much easier to keep to the routine at home!

As for pain, I don't really experience pain, but I do feel pressure on the first couple of nights and can definitely tell my teeth are moving.

16 of 21/U, 20/L