Implant

If you are planning to get dental or facial implants as part of your orthodontic treatment (or if you already have implants) you can discuss them on this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Luis818

Implant

#1 Post by Luis818 »

My Ortho tolsd me that when I'm done with my treatment I will need eed an implant on one of my molars and a crown in one of my front teeth. does Anyone no how much a Front tooth crown will run cost and a implant will cost....................He said my other option would be a bridge on my back molar but he recomended the implant better can somebody answer my ? please.

Thank you,

Luis

Way Too Old For This

#2 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I was told my implant will be about $3,000. (US)
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

Luis,

Depends on where you live. An implant will probably cost about $2K and the implant crown anywhere from $1500-2K. So anywhere from $3-4K is a good ballpark. There are areas and clinicians that charge less or more.

Good Luck,
Rory

rmwolf83

#4 Post by rmwolf83 »

I wish I could help you out with the cost, but I really can't. After my ortho is done, I'm going to need two molar implants and probably about 4 or 5 crowns to replace teeth that have major fillings in them. I think that here in the US (southcentral Pennsylvania specifically) a crown costs about $800-$900 and the implants around somewhere in the $1800 to $2000 range. Boy I can't wait...I've already borrowed close to $6,000 for the orthodontics....

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

I'd go with the implant if you have adequate bone and the money because after extractions you lose bone and bone grafts really add significantly to the overall charge! I got quoted over $9,000 for bone grafts and 2 implants, and that doesn't cover the $800-1000 crowns.

Usually they opt for bridges if the anchor teeth are already heavily filled or in need of crowns because if they were "virgin" teeth, they would be shaving down perfectly good teeth. Just make sure that the margins (where the crown fits near the gum line is perfect or bacteria can form there and you end up loosing the tooth underneath.)
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007