another new victim

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pippy

pippy pic

#16 Post by pippy »

Well here we go, my first photo in braces, I must be getting braver at showing them. Day 3 and I'm getting quite attached to them now and feeling a bit more normal. Still eating sludge though - agree with Maf, not sure how you can eat nuts, you must REALLY love them!! Luckily my beloved bubbly is one thing that DOESN'T get stuck in braces :lol:

As you can see I have charming higgeldy teeth that look even more fun now with origami wires, springs and bright blue cement on my molars :lol:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7055 ... ay33ek.jpg

pippy

pippy pic

#17 Post by pippy »

Well here we go, my first photo in braces, I must be getting braver at showing them. Day 3 and I'm getting quite attached to them now and feeling a bit more normal. Still eating sludge though - agree with Maf, not sure how you can eat nuts, you must REALLY love them!! Luckily my beloved bubbly is one thing that DOESN'T get stuck in braces :lol:

As you can see I have charming higgeldy teeth that look even more fun now with origami wires, springs and bright blue cement on my molars :lol:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7055 ... ay33ek.jpg

maf

Re: pippy pic

#18 Post by maf »

Originally posted by pippy Well here we go, my first photo in braces, I must be getting braver at showing them. Day 3 and I'm getting quite attached to them now and feeling a bit more normal. Still eating sludge though - agree with Maf, not sure how you can eat nuts, you must REALLY love them!! Luckily my beloved bubbly is one thing that DOESN'T get stuck in braces :lol:

Thanks for sharing the photo. It is funny, how you start to get attached (more than literally) to your new braces, even though they're bits of plastic and metal. Here's mine (I should probably put this photo in my own story thread, though...):

It does get easier to eat different things, though I still avoid any really firm foods. Like KK said, check out that suggested meals list; it's quite good. Just remember to have a glass of water handy to rinse with during and after eating (it helps avoid those embarrassing bits and pieces caughts around the wire and brackets :P )

Bridget

#19 Post by Bridget »

Hi Pippy!

Great photo!!!

I am very cautious with solid food, too - just had soups and milk shakes so far and LOTS of Water to drink right after :-))

At least, my diet is now FULL of calcium and water and I guess that's good for the body AND for the teeth :-)

Sunny greetings - Bridget

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

maf

#20 Post by maf »

I cooked a meal for myself and my gf this evening of grilled fillet steak, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots and pumpkin with gravy.

Most of that is very soft and easy to eat with braces. With the steak, I cut it into smaller pieces (and fillet steak from the grill is very soft and tender; very nice).

pippy

#21 Post by pippy »

Thanks guys. Yep those springs have me interested - I think I've probably looked at my teeth more in the last week than the last year!! With a bit of luck the top ones will soon stop trying to physically attach themselves to my front lip - it is physically impossible to smile, even talking is kinda hard as it gets all hitched up....and I talk for a living, oops. Thats going to make the elastics experience fun!

AM still eating funny, not because they hurt but because I can't bring myself to chew on the extraction gaps, I had just got back into eating everything by nibbling through it on my front teeth...and now they are out of commission. The only teeth I have left to chew on have massive lumpy build ups on them so if I did chew I'd probably chew my own lip off by acccident. Easier in the interim to stick to stuff that can be hidden in pasta and mashed potatoes!! The next trick is going to be seeing if my beloved spag bol stains the clear ligs :) ...but I'm pretty fussy so all the required good stuff is getting in there one way or another.

Am very impressed with Mafs assault on a steak though!!!

maf

#22 Post by maf »

Originally posted by pippy AM still eating funny, not because they hurt but because I can't bring myself to chew on the extraction gaps, I had just got back into eating everything by nibbling through it on my front teeth...and now they are out of commission. The only teeth I have left to chew on have massive lumpy build ups on them so if I did chew I'd probably chew my own lip off by acccident. Easier in the interim to stick to stuff that can be hidden in pasta and mashed potatoes!! The next trick is going to be seeing if my beloved spag bol stains the clear ligs :) ...but I'm pretty fussy so all the required good stuff is getting in there one way or another.
Yes, I've found it's quite difficult to find things to eat easily. When my molars hurt (like today) I can't chew very much at all.

Spag bog is safe, in my opinion. I was worried about the staining, but it doesn't seem to have any effect, as long as you're brushing and cleaning routine is good afterwards. I've had curries too, which I thought would be worse, but it hasn't discoloured the ligatures or clear brackets so far; though I'd be careful eating too many foods with bright sauces, etc :P

pippy

#23 Post by pippy »

Well staining here we come because after my first foray into white wine last night (yuk) I can safely say we'll be back to red soon enough and getting coloured ligs to hide it! Had some curry last night (unchewed :lol: ) abd it did nothing. I did make a brave attempt at chewing last night and that was bizarre!! Trying to chew with what feels like round shiny marbles on the biting surfaces of your chewing teeth certainly adds to the challenge. But the build ups are only supposed to be for a short while so all will be well...no fear of me fading away, I have decades of Irish eating as backup :lol:

maf

#24 Post by maf »

Ah yes, KK, I typed the wrong thing; I meant the ligatures :P I suppose fortunately I don't make very many curries (my gf doesn't like them much), but there are probably other foods that will cause staining. What about things like coffee?

I enjoyed a couple of Wild Turkey and Cokes last night. I've been avoiding soft drinks completely for a month, but I sure miss those mixers in the evenings :) Maybe not too many, then.

@pippy - A good white wine is really nice, like a Chardonnay. I'm going to avoid reds until I have no braces since I reckon they'd stain like mad.

maf

#25 Post by maf »

Thanks :) Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid (though I do prefer white wines to reds :P ).