Embracing The Future

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

paralegallsj

Embracing The Future

#1 Post by paralegallsj »

Well after months of research, consultations, and wavering back and forth; I finally decided to take the plunge. I found a terriic dentist who was very sympathetic to my needs and concerns.

This website has been so helpful. It was nice to feel like I was not alone. Thanks for all the support you have provided and answering questions.

I am 35 years old and the older i became, the more i hated my smile. I could never afford braces. As a single parent it was all i could do to maintain medical insurance so dental insurance was a luxury i could not afford.

Well I decided earlier this year to bite the bullet and do something for myself for a change. I really hated my smile and felt my teeth were jacked up. i have a lot going on in my mouth. (will posst pictures later).

Today i had my spacers put in and to my surprise it did not hurt a bit. All i felt was pressure (i had taken a motrin and use ambesol on my gums- :lol:

Well next thursday, the 14th is the big day . I will keep you posted

Spacers Placed on Sept 5, 2006
Spacers Re-placed on Sept 12, 2006
Upper and Lower Bands Placed on Sept 14, 2006
Upper Metal Braces Placed on Sept 14, 2006
1st Adjustment on October 18, 2006
2nd Adjustment on November 28, 2006
Lower Metal Braces on November 28, 2006

juf_84

#2 Post by juf_84 »

Hello and welcome, paralegallsj :jump:

Take care of yourself with the spacers- hopefully they won't cause you much trouble!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

paralegallsj

Thank Yous

#3 Post by paralegallsj »

Thank you for all you support! :lol:
So far the only thing I have been feeling from my spacers is like I have food stuck between my teeth. i am so looking forward to getting my braces. I tried to convince them to put them on after my spacers but no such luck. Well I am counting down the days. I have 1 week left untill I get to embrace the future.

Thanks Again :tingrin:

paralegallsj

Update

#4 Post by paralegallsj »

Okay, I started out with 8 spaces. 2-top left, 2-top right, 2-bottom-left, 2-bottom right. By Sunday I only had 2.

So today I had to have them replaced for my big day Thursday. I had the rubber ones before, but now i have on that is a metal thingy.

I am anxiously waiting and counting down til Thursday. I will keep you guys posted. :lol:

Thank you all for your support.

paralegallsj

Tomorrow's The Big Day

#5 Post by paralegallsj »

HI!

Well tomorrow is the big day. I've confirmed my appointment, did my last minute grocery shopping and I am anxiously waiting.......

I am really getting excited right about now. I will let you know how things turn out. I am taking my own digital camera for my pics.

That metal spacer is kind of a nuisance. It is being a pain. But I only have one more day to wear it so i am maintaining.

Counting Down.....14 hours till i am officially braced. :HugeGrin:

paralegallsj

Thanks KK

#6 Post by paralegallsj »

Thanks I bought plenty of lip balm while I was gettting my groceries. :D

This site has been such a blessing. Most of my questions have been answered here.

Thanks for the bathroom reminder........

paralegallsj

It's Been 1 Week

#7 Post by paralegallsj »

Well I have been officially braced for 1 full week. :o

Am I crazy or what? Is it possible that my teeth are moving? I can tell a slight difference in my bite.

I am adjusting to eating but I am always hungry. It's like I am not getting enough to eat.

Keep U Posted