Did getting your braces on make you lose weight??

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mum22boys

Did getting your braces on make you lose weight??

#1 Post by mum22boys »

Just out of interest, did you lose any weight in the first few weeks of having your braces put on?

Im about 21lbs over and hope braces might kickstart weightloss :lol:

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I dropped 3kg in the first 2 weeks and another 2kgs over a few weeks after that, the latter more through motivation and sensible eating rather than braces related. I find that sometimes, but not always, I also lose some after an adjustment. Regrettably, some of it has crept back on again, but overall I'm probably down a couple of kgs. I like eating too much, that's my problem!

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I've lost about 15 pounds in one month :)

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Ravishing

#4 Post by Ravishing »

I lost 4lbs in a week with my spacers but put it back on when I got my braces because I could eat again! LOL

I had a horrible cold last week and barely had an appetite so I took those 4lbs off again.

I was hoping to lose a bit with my braces but I haven't found eating a challenge in the least. If anything I'm more hesitant to snack because it means extra brushing but I find I eat more during a meal so that I don't want to snack later.

In the end I don't think braces will equal any weight loss for me.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

No loss here. Initially lost a few but then over the last 18 months I've actually gained 10 lbs!!!

Am now currently working them off with exercise.... :evil:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

I lost a pound or two, but nothing major. I was eating normally again within a week or so.
Once I get my tops braced it might be different I guess!

vivi21

#7 Post by vivi21 »

i have the same problem :? & the bad thing about it is that i really can't afford to loose weight is really hard for me to gain but really easy to loose if i just dont eat right for a few days or even went i get sick i start losing right away :cry:

M1k3y

#8 Post by M1k3y »

I lost 2lbs max(not that I needed it) but I quickly gained them back. I'm actually working on gaining more weight(muscle not fat) because I think I'm too small. 5'9" 158lbs. To each their own I guess. I know this one girl that lost around 15lbs and she looked great. She kept it off as well by working out and eating right.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Julie08

Weight Loss

#9 Post by Julie08 »

I wish! (that's a big, fat "NO" for me - pun intended!)

sjsarre

#10 Post by sjsarre »

I lost a few pounds and have kept them off but i'm within my healthy weight range anyway and I just LOVE food... I can eat almost anything now except for crispy french bread and steak.

Buttoneyz

#11 Post by Buttoneyz »

I lost about 3 lbs in the week with spacers and another 4 lbs so far in the week since the braces were put on. It is such a chore to eat now and my food just tastes bland - so eating is no longer fun.