Newbie here!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

windsbud

Newbie here!!

#1 Post by windsbud »

Hi all! I got my braces 6 hours ago. This is a 50th birthday present to myself. Better late than never. I have metal brackets on the top and a bite plate on the bottom. So far, not so bad, except I can see eating will be a bit of an adventure. I hope to take pictures soon to track my progress. I am so happy to have found this site. :D

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Welcome, windbud, from another over 50-er.

It's never too late to do this for ourselves, I reckon.

Tin Indian

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Windsbud,
Welcome again from from another 50ish er'and these shiny teeth I got here are my birthday present too!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Sweet L

#4 Post by Sweet L »

Hi windsbud!
Welcome!, I don't have my braces yet (finger crossed I'll have them in November), but I'm really happy for all of you that have started the journey already :thumbsup: (and I can learn from your experiences and be more than ready at my B-day :oops: ).

Remember KK advice: salt water rinses, to keep your mouth healthy.....

Keep us posted!

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

Good luck.
What a birthday present! I got mine on my Mum's a week before my birthday. The important thing to remember is this a procedure (most people on this forum refer to it as a journey) that hopefully will make a positive improvement for the rest of your life.

Finally take pictures before the braces, and pictures in the first two days with braces. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

xtrememkovr

#6 Post by xtrememkovr »

welcome windsbud! :)

What a wonderful present you've given to yourself!

X.