Another newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

neelie

Another newbie

#1 Post by neelie »

I too have been reading this forum for weeks. I had three extractions, spacers and on Oct. 5 ceramic on top and metal on the bottom. Nothing unusual except for the fact that I am 56 years old. Mother of three grown children. My husband, children and friends have been very supportive. I wore braces as a kid and then had total relapse. I have always been self conscious about my crooked teeth but never had the nerve to get braces...until now. Fear of dentists and fear of braces as an adult kept me from making the decision to do something. At my last cleaning my dentist, AGAIN, recommended orthodontics and I finally went though with a consult and here I am now in braces. Only regret is that I didn't do this years ago. Thank you to all is write in to this forum. I found a lot of information and support I've needed to get through with each phase so far.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi neelie, nice to see someone helping to swell the ranks of the 50 somethings on the board! Hope everything goes well this time around.

Beckvan

#3 Post by Beckvan »

NEELIE!!!
you are sooo awesome!! OMG-I'm 52 & getting mine on in 1 week! It will also be my 2nd time (hey we should get a discount or some good pain med cause we are older & this is the 2nd time) don't you think?
So just hang in there-this will be wayyyy worth it I just know it right??? :?

Becky

neelie

#4 Post by neelie »

Becky, Let me know how it goes. I took Tylonal 3 the first night and then regular Tylonal for the next few days. My teeth are still tender but I'm doing it without any meds. A friend told me the older you are the tenderness (don't want to use the word pain) stays longer. I think it means teeth are moving and this is a good thing.