Hello from West Virginia

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

Hello from West Virginia

#1 Post by iBorg »

Realised I've been a part of this group now for over a month and haven't taken the time to say hello. On my Mum's birthday, I got braced for the second time. The first time was in the lat 70's when I was a senior in high school. I decided to do this to help with TMJ and grinding issues. After a really nasty summer where I had GI issues due, I think, to the amount of medications I have taken to combat TMJ pain. Besides that my lowers are crowded and my arch needs opening. I really hope to have nice teeth that are visible when this is all done.

I have ceramic uppers and am counting down the days for my first adjustment and hopefully spacers for my bottoms. I am amazed at the amount of movement I have had in a month. I can only say I'm thrilled that I'm doing this. I can actually smile and you can see teeth. A month ago, that wasn't the case.

I'm 48 and will hopefully be in a retainer for my 50th birthday. My wife and I have two great kids we adopted, our son is eight and our daughter is five. I figure my son will be in braces about the time my treatment is winding down.

Like many people, I have found this site to be wonderful. I truly believe this is a place where I have friends I'll never meet in person but will still have connections with.

My treatment plan seems so simple in comparision to most, braces, eleastcs and a bite plate. Of course, all things are subject to change. At this point, I'm so happy at my progress that I'll gladdly accept anything my ortho throws at me.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Hi iBorg

Hope you'll have a great 50th birthday party and be flashing smiles all over the place.

Guess what, you're Mum's birthday is on the same day as one of my brothers.

I'm getting my brace on November 10th, extractions (2) on 2nd. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Regards
Joney

iBorg

#3 Post by iBorg »

Ah England, land of my birth. Born in South Ruslip. The last time I was in England was 1978. Attended college in London for the summer. Lived around the corner from the Warren Street Station.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

The lowers are scheduled for November 16. I currently have a bie plate to sleep in to help with my grinding. I anticipate the bite plate will be 24/7 when the lowers are placed. If not I'll chew the brackets off!

My ceramics and I aren't doing well right now. I knocked one loose on Tuesday, got it reattached on Thursday morning and noticed last night I lost the clip from that same bracket.

While I like my orthos office.....I don't want to make emergency appointments a habit.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

joney

#5 Post by joney »

Hi Mike

So you are from England and not West Virginia. I must admit that your use of the word "Mum" instead of the American "Mom" had me wondering. I live not a million miles from South Ruislip! I am originally from Dublin.

Hope the ceramics start to behave themselves soon.

Regards
Joney

iBorg

#6 Post by iBorg »

Yeah Karen I thought I needed to put up my intro. I guess I'll start a blog of my second round of ortho work. I've realized that I've taken the role of encouraging progress pics to match your role of salt water rinses.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

bip

#7 Post by bip »

Mike - i noticed you said hello from West Virginia. Born in England and now a hillbilly eh? And I say that with the utmost respect and enthusiasm because I am from West (by God) Virginia myself. I found this site a few weeks back. It has been most informative - I'm posting my hello as soon as I get more than 30 seconds on the computer!

iBorg

#8 Post by iBorg »

Where are you at? I'm in Charleston.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

bip

#9 Post by bip »

I'm in Morgantown - I have a cousin that lives in Charleston - very cool!