Beckvan, We're Waiting!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wired1

Beckvan, We're Waiting!!!

#1 Post by Wired1 »

Are you online yet -- we all want to know how you are doing this morning!!! C'mon, tell everything!!! :-1

Beckvan

HERE I AM

#2 Post by Beckvan »

OMG what a nice thing to see your post!!! You really care!! he he he :lol:
Ok so took about 2 hours just like everyone said, had probs fitting the back bands, well 2 of them anyway, then they used mini's on me ??whatever & they didn't like the glue so 1 came off as she was putting the wire in so Doc had to "re-place" that one.
I am suppose to wear umm a mouth guard @ night so I won't bite the brackes off but I tried to last nite & it sorta makes me gag-so I'll keep trying then if its not working I'll phone them.
Got my wax in already-did that last nite & again this morning but I do have a question about the salt rinses & I forgot to ask Doc, will they umm break down the glue @ all??? She said stay away from sugar AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! but was wondering about the salt.
Cried on the way home wondering what in the world was I thinking but its started can't stop now.
Wondering what to do with my top lip-kinda gets laid uptop of my brackets.
I have a pic & will try & figure out how to get it on here & need to change my ticker huh??
Next adjustment Dec. 7th HA great day huh???
THANKS!!! Wired1 That truly was great to see someone ask me how it is/was/am.

Wired1

#3 Post by Wired1 »

Yea Beckvan!!! It's going to be all right -- really! You'll get used to things, I promise. Hate to put it this way, but it's kinda like being a horse with a bit... you gotta break them in.

I have the same problem with my upper lip hanging on the top of my braces. As weird as it may seem, try rolling a string of wax and sticking it across the four front upper teeth. Might help pave the way for your lip to come down a bit more. Fact of the matter is that it sounds like your upper lip is not going to cover all the way... and that's okay. Look at the cover of the fashion mags and you'll see that the models keep their lips apart - oh la la! :mrgreen:

You are going to have to practice relaxing your mouth in front of the mirror -- and sing outloud a lot to get your lips/mouth working with their new accoutrements. It'll come!

So, dry up those tears, the countdown has started and there's light (and great teeth) at the end of the tunnel!!!

BIG HUGS!!!!

erik

#4 Post by erik »

You did it!! Congradulations!

As for the lip hanging... I think you may try that lip extension that many brace wearers seem to have. I know I do it, I push my upper lip out and over the brackets... If I have smiled real big (pulling lip over brackets), then I have to do the lip extension to get them back.

I have been using tons of lip balm! It really helps to keep them from getting all dryed out.

The salt water does help, so go for it.

Erik

Beckvan

PIC

#5 Post by Beckvan »

Ok hopefully I did this correctly. Umm was thinking of another question but umm its gone now-all this metal ya know, maybe I should take the tin foil helmet off now :lol: might be interferring with my thought process's. The more I look @ that picture the worse my teeth look. Did they REALLY look that bad all this time. HOLY MOLY BATMAN

Image .

Wired1

#6 Post by Wired1 »

Priceless picture -- this is your baseline and you will AMAZE yourself at how this will change. After you hang out at the ortho for awhile, you'll start seeing teeth way differently.

And yeah, tooth squeezing does interfere with brain function...

Beckvan

THERE YA GO

#7 Post by Beckvan »

See now I have an excuse for my boss-it's my braces duhhh.
Wait then what was my excuse BEFORE my braces??? OH GREAT

Wired1

#8 Post by Wired1 »

Insufficient pressure!

Simple failure analysis indicates the need for an iterative process to establish the correct pressure which will produce optimal results. However, the body being dynamic, the required pressure will vary, hence a range of performance results will be expected.

Need a hall pass too?

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

Congrats on getting there, beckvan.

tulip

#10 Post by tulip »

Good going beckvan - the shell shock will wear off soon, and in no time when you start seeing results, you will be over the moon about your decision!!!

As for you Wired1 - you sound like an engineer!!! Had a good chuckle at your tooth pressure hypothesis.