Hello everyone

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

-Ville-

Hello everyone

#1 Post by -Ville- »

Hey everybody just thought I would say hello seeing as Im going to be around for a while

KriegeR

#2 Post by KriegeR »

Hi -Ville-.

Welcome to the forum! :)

-Ville-

#3 Post by -Ville- »

I have them since August and I dont know exactly how long for yet but I wax told about two years

-Ville-

#4 Post by -Ville- »

Thank you everyone for your support. I got them adjusted today and they are really sore but I know the pain usually lasts couple of days so Im not that bothered, but my band they think I am a being a big girl about my braces! Hee hee

-Ville-

#5 Post by -Ville- »

My band are goth rock

-Ville-

#6 Post by -Ville- »

I have them 14 months now and I am finding it really hard with my self confidence. I cant go onstage with the band as I get really nervous what the people watching will think. It helped a bit getting clear braces but I havent done a show yet. I hope I can get them off soon as it hurts like hell because I just had another adjustment and its really tight

Wired1

#7 Post by Wired1 »

Hi -Ville- and welcome!!!

Sorry to hear that you're in pain, but do keep up with the Motrin/Tylenol and salt water rinses... it will help! And weirdly enough, singing helps me to limber up my mouth and lips after adjustments, although I can only do it in private as I really don't sing well... anyway, it does help get over the pain hump.

As for your self confidence problems, heck, I would have thought that braces would complete your look, so to speak. As an artist, don't you strive for difference and pushing the envelope? Maybe you could consider embracing the idea of change/pain/pushing through and make it part of your experience and identity. Everybody is tested throughout life, maybe this is one of your tests?

And if nothing else, Gwen Stefani wore braces out in public! She hasn't done too badly for herself...

Again, welcome!!