new, but have posted on metal mouth

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

karebear46168

new, but have posted on metal mouth

#1 Post by karebear46168 »

hi all! I had my picture/impression day on the 6th of December, I will find out on the 21st all the wonderful details of my treatment plan. I am 43 years old, engaged to be married. my FH is very supportive, I am a jumble of nerves and excitement! I have ALWAYS hated my teeth, they have been crowded since I can remember, I have a very long dental problem filled history, including falling on my face & breaking the front teeth in half, surgeries, extractions, root canels, crowns, periodontal and TMJ issues. but growing up my mom could not afford braces for me, so I have just sort of dealt with it, but the TMJ got the better of me a few years ago & here I am in the process of fixing the crowding & bite problems. I have been reading posts on the forum for almost a month now and I can't believe I was lucky enough to find you guys! there are some great tips & advice on here that I'm sure I will be taking advantage of soon.

mayday

#2 Post by mayday »

I'm new here as well! Welcome!

karebear46168

#3 Post by karebear46168 »

:-1 welcome to you too!
are you already braced or awaiting like I am?

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Happy to have you join us!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

karebear46168

#5 Post by karebear46168 »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will definetly start the salt water rinse thanks KK! I think a positive attitude is the best thing, if you go into something with the wrong attitude then it can be terrible. I have read the articles in the newby sections at least twice now, I'm sure I will be reading them again. You guys have have some really good advice here and I am still reading all the stories so I can be fully prepared.

thanks again for the warm welcome!

karebear46168

#6 Post by karebear46168 »

Well the news is not good :(
It looks as if I probably won't be joining the braced club after all. I just got off the phone with the ortho office, they need to do some kind of xray called a tomograph? it's an xray that shows the joints (for TMJ issues), it's 350.00 dollars (american), then I need to have 6 teeth taken out! 2 upper wisdom, 2 upper 2nd bicuspids, and 2 lower 1st bicuspids....... then the braces, then I will need jaw surgery, they are not sure if it will be the bottom or the top or both! Then I will have to be in permanent retainer on the bottom and a clear upper retainer for life. They also don't know if insurance will cover the surgery, I have a max of 1000.00 for TMJ non-surgical treatment lifetime and I'm sure I've used most of that during the treatment with the TMJ dentist!

I just can't afford all of that with a wedding and house hunting on the table too!

karebear46168

#7 Post by karebear46168 »

I might check with other orthos after the first of the year to see if they all say the same, I will have to do some hunting around and check references. I sure appreciate all the support here and all the great advice I have gathered lots of info and some great tips for taking care of my teeth even if I don't end up braced.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Blessed be

Samantha19

Re: new, but have posted on metal mouth

#8 Post by Samantha19 »

karebear46168 wrote:hi all! I had my picture/impression day on the 6th of December, I will find out on the 21st all the wonderful details of my treatment plan. I am 43 years old, engaged to be married. my FH is very supportive, I am a jumble of nerves and excitement! I have ALWAYS hated my teeth, they have been crowded since I can remember, I have a very long dental problem filled history, including falling on my face & breaking the front teeth in half, surgeries, extractions, root canels, crowns, periodontal and TMJ issues. but growing up my mom could not afford braces for me, so I have just sort of dealt with it, but the TMJ got the better of me a few years ago & here I am in the process of fixing the crowding & bite problems. I have been reading posts on the forum for almost a month now and I can't believe I was lucky enough to find you guys! there are some great tips & advice on here that I'm sure I will be taking advantage of soon.
I am pretty new here myself.

Welcome!

- Sam

karebear46168

#9 Post by karebear46168 »

Welcome to you too :-1