Another New Kid!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hurdnerd

Another New Kid!

#1 Post by hurdnerd »

Hello Everyone!
I would really like to thank all of you for keeping such a supportive website. I don't think I ever would have had the confidence to get my braces if it wasn't for reading the stories and seeing the amazing pictures here on this site. My teeth are slightly crooked, but it's the deep overbite and jaw pain that had me seriously considering braces a few years ago. I finally have a great job with ortho coverage and am able to correct my bite! I am studying to be an opera singer and a few years ago I noticed that my jaw was cramping and clicking during and after my voice lessons. Even though I realize the braces may affect my singing, I believe the end result will make me a more improved singer and a happier person.
I got my upper braces 2 days ago on my 28th birthday. My esimated time is 32 months because the over bite is so severe. The bottom braces should go on in about 4 months or as soon as the space between my upper and lower teeth opens up.
I really haven't had much of an appetite over the past couple of days and I have a slight lisp but otherwise I'm doing ok. I have a very nice orthodontist who has assured me that the braces should not prevent me from meeting my future husband. *sigh* I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks again for being here for me. :heart: I'm going to work on perfecting the perfect salt-rinse recipie!

Tin Indian

#2 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Congratulations and welcome aboard the braces bus hurdnerd. We have plenty of seats left and we are still taking tickets at this point.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

platinum

#3 Post by platinum »

Welcome!!!

I am living quite near you :)

I try to get my deepbite fixed. I will start with lower braces and upper retainer. When the bite has opened I get uppers.
Funny, you start with uppers to open the deepbite and I with lowers...

GracieG.

#4 Post by GracieG. »

Welcome to the board HurdNerd! I was braced two days ago as well! It's funny what you said about meeting your future husband. My ortho told me, "If George Clooney called you up and asked for a date and you said yes, then he came to pick you up at your house and you opened the door and he smiled..with braces...would you turn him away??" I said of course not...then he told me that no guy is worth my time if the braces get in the way...i was braced one week later! Good luck to you!