A happy day.... its nice to meet you all.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chevyhuny

A happy day.... its nice to meet you all.

#1 Post by chevyhuny »

Hello everyone!
I have to say this is a happy day for me. I just got home and settled from FINALLY getting my braces on. I am happy to finally join your board as well.
:-1

A little about me..
I had braces as a very very young child. My mother (single mother at the time) worked herself to the bones to pay for those braces for me. Unfortunately the doctor who installed them did a very poor job, and probably installed them when I was to young. :( After 2 years of braces I came out of it with TMJ problems and a disaster in my mouth. My mother spent thousands of dollars on this man. She was broke... and the ortho ran out of town. :(

So all of these years since then (I am 29 now) I have dreamed of having new braces done correctly. I have always been so embarrassed about my teeth. They are beautiful condition as I take great care of them but they are so crowded and twisted, it took a great toll on my confidence.

Finally today my dream came true. I saved for years and I am again back in braces but this time I am confident in my orthodontist and the fact that I will have a beautiful smile in the end.
:HugeGrin:

I have been here for a while now reading up on what you all have been going through. Your information here has been a huge help to me. I want to thank you all for your support and kindness.
:rose:
Its not easy taking the dive to get braces (both financially and emotionally) but its nice to know there are others out there who understand.

Its nice to meet you all! :jump:

Wired Skull

Me too

#2 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi chevyhuny

As KK and bracedagain said. It also took me some time to come to terms to decide to take the plunge. Should have done it years ago but I'm not looking back and regreating anything. I'm finally doing it. To bad you have to do it agian. That really sucks.
When I was a kid only the real bad cases was treated but now there are different times and where I live almost a third of the kids go to braces. Not that many adults though :D

Hang in there. I'll see you around.

Tin Indian

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

:D chevyhuny, Welcome to the braces club . I am glad you finally realized your dream of having braces has come true. Glad to have you around. Keep in touch.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08