New to you, and two months since being braced.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ladylee

New to you, and two months since being braced.

#1 Post by ladylee »

Hi, I’m new here and first want to say that I have really enjoyed browsing this site and reading about everything that you all have been through. It has been helpful and informative, thank you so much. It’s also why I just couldn’t resist joining.

I’m 47 and was braced on November 22, 2006, two months and 4 days ago. I must confess that I have had my moments during the past 2 months wondering what I had done! :shock: It has been a bit of a whirlwind having jumped in with both feet (so they wouldn’t get cold). Actually, at first, this wasn’t something that I really, really wanted to do, at least not during the past 30 years. It should have happened when I was 13, I wanted it then, and was actually a week from being braced when things happened and later, no one ever got around to it. Well, during the past several years, my dentist has been trying to get me to an ortho as he kept insisting that it was the only solution for my bite and was actually something that should really have been taken care of years ago. Well, after seven years, fractured teeth, several root canals, 13 crowns and $15,000.00+ I finally realized that I had to do something when a 15 minute appointment for the cementing of a new crown took 1 hour and 15 minutes because the temporary had shifted due to the angle of my teeth and was really stuck. Should I have been surprised? No, because nothing I have ever had done was easy. Well, I finally asked my dentist who I should go to and he gave me 2 referrals.

Talk about fast! I called the orthodontist’s office a couple of hours later and had an appointment for the next morning. Well, after that, things happened. That day they put in spacers, and I had to learn to do it because he was afraid they would get ground up, and they did. I went through probably 40 of them in the two weeks before I was braced. Anyway, I have spent most of the past 2 months in the orthos office once or twice a week because I kept falling apart. It appears that it is very difficult to cement things to porcelain and I have a lot of that. I now have 10 bands on my molars because the brackets just wouldn’t stay. Also, I spent so much time in their office that I am not really sure when my “firstâ€

MsViola

#2 Post by MsViola »

Best wishes to you! I hope you make it to your first adjustment with no further problems.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

Tin Indian

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

:D LadyLee,Welcome to the club!. You and I have shared in being in the same boat together. :shock: I have 16 crowns with a mixture of both gold and ceramic. So far I have had 7 brackets fall off and recemented back on.( I only swallowed two :oops: ) And I have had only bracket replaced by a band :( .Good luck in your future treatment .
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

ladylee

Thank you everyone

#4 Post by ladylee »

It's been good hearing from you all. I really like this place. And yes, my teeth have been doing loads. Three of the teeth have really straightened, I had one that crossed over my top front incisor and a bottem canine that was kind of sideways in back of another that is coming up. When I went in form my last "repair" the ortho was really happy. Other changes I am not really sure about are kind of strange as I am getting gaps on each side of my front incisors which I am sure is meant to be in order to correct the front centerline and make room to pull the top back. Right now, most of the work seems to be on the left side of my mouth where I have a powerchain to close a gap from an extraction and elastics. I will have to see if I can find a picture of me showing my teeth before this started just so you can see some of it cause it is hard to explain. Look forward to more.

ladylee

#5 Post by ladylee »

Getting worse before better, isn't that the truth! But, I trust my ortho, I spoke with several people and have heard nothing bad, and everything good. Karen, how close are you to being done?

ladylee

#6 Post by ladylee »

Karen, my guy told me 20 months, then a retainer and a bit splint. I wonder what the average time being braced is now :?: I know that back when I was 13 and "almost" braced they had estimated the time to be from 4 to 6 years. Right now, that is something I couldn't even imagine.... :shock: But like you, I am not counting on the time frame he gave me as I know that sometimes things happen, and your done when your done.

ladylee

#7 Post by ladylee »

The changes in time frames are truely amazing and talking about short sentences, the post about 8 weeks is something.