B-Day set for Mar 22!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WiredforSound

B-Day set for Mar 22!!

#1 Post by WiredforSound »

Hello to all!

Today, went to my Ortho for my consult. Found out my teeth were in much worse shape than I thought and my jaw joint has been severely diminshed on the left side. Apparently I grind my teeth and didn't know it! :(

It is amazing what you find out about your body when you get an expert looking at xrays and molds. I was astonished to see how my teeth looked in the molds. In addition to my 5 mm overbite, my top and bottom teeth have raised up and leaned inwards and then overlapped. What the body does to compensate for a small mouth!

The Ortho set my B-Day for Mar 22! :D

I will get the Damon brackets on uppers and lowers and wear them for approximately 22 months, then permanent retainers and a mouthguard (for the grinding). Thankfully, the Ortho doesn't want to extract any teeth at this point. He said we might down the road, but lets see what the braces can do first. My thoughts exactly!

Jenny5

#2 Post by Jenny5 »

Welcome! I hope the next month goes by quickly for you so you can get your treatment underway. I'm in the same boat with the extractions right now. We're playing the wait-and-see game. Hopefully we both get to keep our teeth! Good luck with your bday!

WiredforSound

#3 Post by WiredforSound »

Thank you KK and Jenny5 for your words of encouragement and great advice! :)

Thanks for the great list KK. I will definitely be following it!!

It really helps having people that understand what I am going through, to share this journey with :D

BritGirl

#4 Post by BritGirl »

Good luck WFS! I've got the Damon3 braces on top and bottom and my ortho is saying I should be able to avoid extractions as they can slenderise the teeth where necessary. I hope that works out for you too. Look forward to hearing how your journey goes. :D

Dr Jon Harrow

#5 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi Wfs
good luck with your B-day on the 22nd, mine B-day is on the 12th march, I was really unsure at first,(see my post!) but now im actually looking forward to it, to get started, don't know why i left it so long!!
i will keep looking to see how your are progressing. :D
Jon XX

WiredforSound

#6 Post by WiredforSound »

Thanks Jon and Britgirl.

Britgirl, how do they slendenize teeth? I am sure it has to be better than pulling them!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you can avoid the extractions. :dance:

Good luck with your B-Day on Mar 12 Jon! Keep us posted on how it goes :D