Newbie getting braces next week!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kaz

Newbie getting braces next week!!!

#1 Post by kaz »

Hi! At age 24, Im getting braces! They are going in next week and right now I have spacers in and it hurts :( I guess I went out looking for a forum to whine to people on! Tell me the pain goes away! I cant eat a single darn thing and my mouth throbs 24/7, its going to be a long two years!
Anyway, next wednesday Im getting braces put on top and bottom. Trust me, you will hear me whining again then! This looks like a great forum for info and support, pleased to be here!

#2 Post by Guest »

Welcome kaz! yes it is a good forum for information and sharing the "pain". I did not have to have spacers, but others have said that getting spacers was the worst part for them. Hang in there, take some pain killers (Tylenol, Advil, etc....) and eat lots of liquid and soft foods.

Good luck with the journey. :D

Nanski

Re: Newbie getting braces next week!!!

#3 Post by Nanski »

kaz wrote:Whine to people! Tell me the pain goes away! I cant eat a single darn thing
We'll be sure to give you plenty of cheese for your whine. So return often.

The spacers hurt way worse then the braces. It will be easier as time goes one.

And you have to EAT!!! Anything you can mash to the roof of your mouth you can eat. Grind some chicken, add gravy for a protein mush with stuffing and mashed potatoes, smoothies, eggs, yogert, soup, spanish rice w/sour cream, cheese and mac, puding, ice cream, cheese cake :lol:. protein drinks, mashed bananas, apple sauce, oatmeal, cereal, creamed corn.

I'm have TMJ agony at the moment, phase II braces pending. I found some Web sites out there doing a search for soft food recipes. There is a lot of good stuff on the Web because there are a lot of cancer patients that can't eat well. This site has some awesome recipes too!!

Be well,
Nancy
TMJ Splints 2/1/05
Braces - "NOT" (-: - Doc addressed jaw issue w/out the need for braces at the moment!!! "Damn fine with me, I'd rather buy a new bay window for my house."

kaz

#4 Post by kaz »

Thanks for the replies!
Advil/tylenol/ibuprofen isnt doing squat for me! Today is better though, it hurts still, but I could actually tolerate eating pasta cut up into tiny pieces! Soft food recipes look great! Although I must add that I dont eat meat :)

Pleased to meet you!

Nanski

tofu......?

#5 Post by Nanski »

kaz wrote: Although I must add that I dont eat meat :)
Oops, sorry. I'm an insulin diabetic with Celiac (silly yak) Disease. Which means no gluten. So if were to eliminate meat I'd be left to eat "snow". :lol: God just delivered us 35" of the stuff last Sunday and 6" more on Wed....it's in abundance around here.

So, eat everything else without meat :wink:

Be well
Nancy
TMJ Splints 2/1/05
Braces - "NOT" (-: - Doc addressed jaw issue w/out the need for braces at the moment!!! "Damn fine with me, I'd rather buy a new bay window for my house."

Pixie

#6 Post by Pixie »

The spacers stink, don't they? I got mine almost two weeks ago, and I get my braces tomorrow. Gulp. :? I'll be honest with you, pain killers didn't do much for me, either... and even though my orthodontist told me the pain would go away completely after 3 days, it took me around a week, maybe more. You just get used it it, I guess... but keep in mind, it was a LOT worse for me than most people, I imagine, because my teeth were incredibly crowded. Hang in there... whine all you want! I've heard that spacers are the worst part, so just imagine, when it's all over, you've already made it through the worst part. :D

Tasha0313

#7 Post by Tasha0313 »

So Kaz are you getting the braces tomorrow? Are you excited? I was very excited when I got mine on. I wore spacers for one week and yes that's the worst part!! I've had my braces on Since Nov 2003 and have seen such an improvement. I wish that I would have done this before I was 21, but I guess you're never too old for braces!! But anyways, just wanted to say good luck!! Hope everything goes well and keep us posted.

Chris

Re: Newbie getting braces next week!!!

#8 Post by Chris »

Nanski wrote:
kaz wrote:Whine to people! Tell me the pain goes away! I cant eat a single darn thing
We'll be sure to give you plenty of cheese for your whine. So return often.

Be well,
Nancy
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007