Braced as of Yesterday

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KateEd

Braced as of Yesterday

#1 Post by KateEd »

I have clear braces top and bottom and bite turbos behind my two front teeth. The turbos are annoying but are there to help correct my slight overbite and keep from damaging the lower brackets. I'm feeling pretty amazed, I've had no major pain and don't really even feel pressure. The only annoyances are the sore spots showing up on the inside of my lips. Dental wax has helped with that a lot. I'll be wearing these things for anywhere fromm 18 to 24 months. One strange thing, I expected to have an adjustment in 4 to 6 weeks but my first adjustment will be in 3 months. My ortho said that the archwire they're using is very expensive but very smart and required less adjusting. Anybody know anything about this?

Ready2go43

#2 Post by Ready2go43 »

Hi Kate Ed,congrats on getting braced,I was braced 2 days ago,and my 1st adjustment appt is 12 weeks,so your not alone,seems like an eternity away doesnt it,good luck with your treatment
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

WELCOME!

You've come to a great place....there are people here who are very helpful and encouraging!!

Keep us posted! Image
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

MissSMILEY

#4 Post by MissSMILEY »

I wish my appts were that far apart. My ortho said see you in 3 weeks and I said "EVERY 3 weeks?! :shock: " I guess he really meant, EVERY 3 weeks. You're a lucky lady!

chillin-in-grilz

#5 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

My adjustment was 3 months apart
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007