...and another newbie - may 7 is the big day

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brendat

...and another newbie - may 7 is the big day

#1 Post by brendat »

Hi everyone. I'm 50 and am getting braces tomorrow! EEEK! Have had those nasty seperators in for almost a week - don't like them too much.

I don't have tmj or anything like that, and only slightly crooked in the front, but a bad crossbite at the back on one side - ortho says he can "hit a home run" with me - but he probably says that to everyone! I read this site when making my decision - also talked to friends who had them as adults - they all said go for it - so I am.

Anyway - I'm really nervous - I want them on before I chicken out. The plan is 9 mos of wire and 9 of invisalign so it won't be too bad - 9 mos flies by - right? A fellow who works for me has them - same ortho - and I barely notice them on him so I'm sure it will be the same for me once I get used to them! Hopefully!

-(scared)Brenda

OBG

#2 Post by OBG »

Congrats on your decision!

It is not easy to take the plunge as an adult but you will be amazed how quickly time flies and before you know it the braces will be history.

Think of them as planting a flower that takes time to grow but you know eventually the beauty of the flower will make you forget the work involved in planting it.

Looking forward to watching your progress.

Be well.

brendat

#3 Post by brendat »

Well it's done! Thanks for the good advice and the positive words - I think the saltwater rinses will help. I've just gotten home - taken my advil - and trying to NOT spend all my time looking in the mirror!

While I was lying in the chair with lots of time to think - my first thoughts were "what the h*** are you doing you idiot" but by the end of the process I had come around to thinking that these will only be as big a deal as I make them. I've been making them a big deal insofar as telling everyone I know that I'm doing it - all my friends at work and home can hardly wait to see them tomorrow - so I think it's going to be a positive experience. And I will definitly have an even more beautiful smile at the end of it all!

-Brenda

LuvBug26

#4 Post by LuvBug26 »

congratulations on your braces brenda!! i'm 26 with ceramic uppers and metal lowers....and two weeks into the whole process. at first i was very selfconcious...i felt like mr. ed and not all that happy with my choice to get braces but now i'm proud of my teeth and my decision. i'm looking forward to the end and knowing how pretty my teeth will be makes it all worth it!! my family and friends, like yours, are very supportive which makes the process a lot easier as well!! i'm getting used to my braces finally! my sores are going away and my lips are getting to be back to normal!! you'll find this site is such a huge part of your braces journey! very informative and the users are so nice and helpful! good luck on your journey!!!
:thumbsup:

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."