Saying hello

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KateG

Saying hello

#1 Post by KateG »

Time to say a proper hello. I got Damon 3s top and bottom at the beginning of March this year and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for straight(er) teeth by the time I'm drawing my pension. I've always hated my very crooked teeth,: crowded on the bottom and the upper laterals twisted around behind the lower incisors. But I've also always had a dreadful fear of dentists. Then a new woman took over the practice that I didn't go to except in dire need, and she persuaded me to see an orthodontist. And here I am, nearly 12 weeks on and it's not so bad at all. I wish I'd done it 20 years ago when my son had his braces. I thought I was already far too old even then. :roll:
I don't know how I could have coped without all I've learnt from these forums. Thank you everybody. :)

tipstar

#2 Post by tipstar »

Hello and congrts on starting your journey. :-#)

KateG

#3 Post by KateG »

Thanks for the support. :D

Yes, she's fantastic my dentist. She even turned up at my first consultation with the ortho (to stop me chickening out!) and has said I can phone her for a reassuring chat any time. Since reading all the advice here I realise I possibly should have got second or third opinions, but she was so sure that he was the best around and what did I know. . .

Interesting what you say about the developments in technique, KK. I don't think there were these heat activated memory wires 20 years ago?

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Hi kate and welcome.

I went with the first ortho I saw this time around so you've got plenty of company on that one.

I'm glad that things are going well for you.

beachrose

#5 Post by beachrose »

Welcome, Kate. I, too, went with the first ortho I saw, although I pretty much knew I would because she did a beautiful job with my two granddaughters and my daughter was thrilled with her. The younger one had quite an underbite and what this ortho achieved with her with a palate expander and braces is just amazing. She now - at only nine and a half and out of braces already for several months - has the most beautiful smile. Originally it was thought that she might need more braces when she was a little older, but now it's likely that she will not.

And besides that, I just loved her attitude when I met her. My one condition in doing this was that I didn't want to have any extractions. I've lost enough teeth. When she said that she could most likely achieve good results without pulling my crooked tooth (to be re-evaluated at a later date) I went right ahead. I think going with the first ortho is ok if it's because of that feeling that this is the right person. It's not ok when you do it when you are not absolutely sure but are too lazy to do the research.

She also was so understanding about my feelings being 65 and doing this because she put her mother in braces at 68!