First Day in Braces!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lorien

First Day in Braces!

#1 Post by Lorien »

Hello!

I've just had my braces installed today, and have opened up a thread to track my progress elsewhere on this forum. Here's that link!

A short summary:

I'm a university student, and I'm doing a year of missions work in Bolivia, South America, before I go back to the States for grad school. The dental opportunities here are just amazing, so I decided I go ahead and get braced.

My normal website is at http://www.lorienjohnson.com .

Here is my basic info:

Issues: Gaps, Overjet, Overbite, Small Teeth
Braces: Inspire Ice
Cost: $980 - $1060
Time: Approxmiately 10 - 12 months

Samantha19

#2 Post by Samantha19 »

Good Luck!

How are the ICE brackets? Are they pretty comfortable? They look really good.

They look pretty good with a silver wire.
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon

Lorien

#3 Post by Lorien »

Samantha19 wrote:How are the ICE brackets? Are they pretty comfortable? They look really good.
Samantha,

Thanks! It's so early that comfort has yet to become an objective issue! That said, the only lip irritation is in the back brackets where the metal is scraping my lips. I'm waxing obsessively, though.

Samantha19

#4 Post by Samantha19 »

I can understand about the comfort part.

Do the brackets have many dos and don'ts to keep them clean/keep them from staining?
Samantha

Samantha19

#5 Post by Samantha19 »

Ceramic brackets don't stain Samantha.

The ligs are the same as those used for all brackets with ligs ... and light colours often do stain.
Funny Karen because I have heard different. Not sure what to believe anymore.
Samantha

Samantha19

#6 Post by Samantha19 »

I recommend you do some research about the quality of ceramic brackets Samantha ... plus if you want to check my pics ... I've had ceramic brackets for 23 months and I eat staining curry with haldi (tumeric) powder, at least three times a week ... compare my day one with my latest pics ... not a change in shade. If you had the time, you'd see the ligs I've ruined along the way ... including silver ... that turned a yuck green :FeelSick: colour!
What I heard was from doing research and my ortho. Shrug, it doesn't really matter in a couple of months my braces will be gone and I will be happy.

I haven't had any staining issues in the 6 months I have had them, but I have heard certain clear material that ceramic brackets are made of can stain. You may be right with the ceramic ones and there may be other material where it does make a difference.
Check out Meryaten's story ... she was over two years ... and has just gone naked. Meryaten had upper ceramics (a different brand to me) and her treatment included surgery ... and her brackets looked the same shade on her final photos.

Plus many, many more in the Braces Story Forum ... many different types of ceramic brackets and no staining!

Good luck with your research! :banana:
I will check those things out
Samantha