Teen in braces!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PreppyTomboy

Teen in braces!

#1 Post by PreppyTomboy »

Hey my name is Meli and I got my braces on June 19, and wow, my teeth have moved a LOT! I got speed braces, both top and bottom.

Day 1: I got my braces.When I first saw them, they looked horrible and my mouth felt so heavy! The first hour was fine, and then it started to hurt, so I applied wax. I can't tell you how much that helped.Then I started to get cuts in my lips so I put on this liquid canker sore medicine my ortho gave me. That was a Godsend. I guess day one was OK, but eating was a pain.

Day 2: My teeth are already straighting out! Eating was still a pain and there was also pressure but my cuts were getting better. Again I used wax but I used a lot less than the day before and I only used the canker sore medicine once. And you know what? How the heck do you floss in these things?! It took me 20 minutes just to do my uppers! So far, so good!

Day 3: The pressure is already lessening and my gums are getting tougher and getting used to the metal in my mouth. I cannot believe how straight my two front teeth already are! You see, my two front teeth were twisted 90 degrees one to the left and one to the right. Now they are straight! And my uppers are getting closer! (I have an overbite) I hardly used any wax and eating was getting a bit easier but I still couldn't bite with my left molar and my front teeth. You know what they say, no pain, no gain!

Day 4 (Today): I didn't even feel my braces today! And they look so pretty! I don't know why but they look like there blue even though there only metal because speed braces don't need ligatures. I was able to finally bite with my molars and my gums are tough (er). I only have one cut that hasn't healed and right now the main problem with my braces are my chappped lips. :D I guess I can say I really like my braces!

So yeah, that's whats been going on with my braces. I'll post pictures later when I upload them from my computer!

PreppyTomboy

#2 Post by PreppyTomboy »

Thanks for the reply KK, and your right, flossing does get easier!

tipstar

#3 Post by tipstar »

Wow glad to things are going great for you. Speed braces I had never heard of those until I read your post they sound pretty cool. Lip balm is a must I have found with braces. KK has some great advice and the whole thing about flossing she is so right practice is the key. Well enjoy your journey.

PreppyTomboy

#4 Post by PreppyTomboy »

Speed Braces are just like damon braces but with a different name.

Samantha19

#5 Post by Samantha19 »

Good to hear everything is going well for you. I am a teen too (at the end of my teens, 19) and I got braces 6 months ago.

Lip Balm is a very important thing to keep around and you will need it often.

Good luck
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon

PreppyTomboy

Thanks!

#6 Post by PreppyTomboy »

Thanks for the reply Samantha! Im also a teen but im only 13, just starting my teenage years!! :D Anyways, I am going to prove my ortho wrong!!! I will NOT need 27 years of braces!!! I am going for 13 or 14 months but I don't know I guess we'll see!!!!

Samantha19

Re: Thanks!

#7 Post by Samantha19 »

PreppyTomboy wrote:Thanks for the reply Samantha! Im also a teen but im only 13, just starting my teenage years!! :D

Not a problem, anything to help. People here were helpful whenI was getting braces and I am just returning the favor
PreppyTomboy wrote:Anyways, I am going to prove my ortho wrong!!! I will NOT need 27 years of braces!!! I am going for 13 or 14 months but I don't know I guess we'll see!!!!
Samantha

PreppyTomboy

Oopsies!

#8 Post by PreppyTomboy »

Yeah silly me I typed 27 years and what I meant is 27 months!! :oops:
Anyways, I really hope I can be done in 13-14 months but I don't know.

PreppyTomboy

Oopsies!

#9 Post by PreppyTomboy »

Samantha19

Re: Oopsies!

#10 Post by Samantha19 »

Well I hope you won't need 27 years of braces!
Samantha

shinysmile1215

yay, another teen =]

#11 Post by shinysmile1215 »

I was looking for another teen [im 16]i have an overbite too but for some reason my estimate is about 18 months. i only have spacers now but i cant wait to get these things out && get the heavy duty stuff lol. i def. am here to support && will be following :D

PreppyTomboy

#12 Post by PreppyTomboy »

Thanks ShinySmile! My process is going well, but I've noticed a strange thing happening to my two front teeth: A gap forms, then closes, then forms again kind of like a pattern. They are now in the process of closing the gap and I'm hoping it stays that way! :squareteeth:

PreppyTomboy

#13 Post by PreppyTomboy »

KK wrote:Good luck with getting the gap to stay closed Preppy! :jump:

I have a gap that's been closing for a year ... over an impacted canine ... and after a nights sleep, it looks quite close, but when checked before bed, during my nightly clean, it seems to have widened again ... frustrating.

Here's to progress! :banana:
I feel your pain...
Oh and Im going to the ortho tommorow because I have a wire that's been poking me! (I went on friday but the ortho was closed...bummer) :tingrin: