A doctor a nurse an x-ray tech and a PT walk into a room

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PARR

A doctor a nurse an x-ray tech and a PT walk into a room

#1 Post by PARR »

THis is no joke: today a doctor, a nurse, an x-ray tech, and a PT walked into a room to discuss a particular patient's case and plan of treament. All four with some sort of braces...retainer, full mouth, aligners or whatever. THere were also two other people there but they had no mouthgear. THe nurse began to laugh and it didn't take long for all of us to figure out why.

So, how often have you come across other adults (let's say 21 and over) in braces either professionally or socially (not casually in passing). Any comments on it?

just wondering.

Rainy

#2 Post by Rainy »

One of the other nurses I work with has braces. She has had her tops on for several months and just got her bottoms the week before me. She comes over to check on me all the time and see how I am doing. :)

Rainy

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Professionally and socially? I only need one hand to count them, and not all fingers either.

HeyTeach

#4 Post by HeyTeach »

In all my years of teaching quite a few, more women than men, and more lower/middle school than high school. Several parents usually while their kids were getting treatment too. Still, I knew a 40 something football coach and asst. principal who had full metal saying "If Bret Favre can, I can!" Which is my view too...go for it.

gunter8888

#5 Post by gunter8888 »

I know of three others here at work (one only has lowers), plus one more who got his off about 9 months ago and two others at church (husband and wife both in full metal - very cute!).

I had a fun incident recently. I was eating out with my wife and each time our server came by she would sheepishly smile obviously trying hard to not show any teeth. At one point while she was speaking to us I noticed her ceramic braces. A moment later I shot her a big smile with my metal mouth. Her eyes got wide and she broke out in a much bigger smile. Nothing was said about our braces, but it was obvious that she felt better knowing she wasn't the only wired adult in the restaurant.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

Sistermadly

#6 Post by Sistermadly »

My ortho tech has invisalign braces.

abilane78

#7 Post by abilane78 »

Several moms and one dad that I can think of come in where I work. A couple kids come in with different appliances. One little girl got one of those across the roof of the mouth things and she has spacers on the bottom, so we share stories and trade food ideas. There's one mom who comes in who should be debonded by now. I'm anxious to see what kind of retainer she has. I've never seen anyone out and about with headgear though.

One friend of mine has had braces longer than I have. She had SERIOUS crowding going on and her teeth were all almost diagonal. Her smile already looks awesome and I think she said she has one more year to go! So when we see each other we smile huge and pretty and share like this knowing look, you know.

MissDiana

#8 Post by MissDiana »

I've seen maybe four or five adults with braces since I got mine ... and had one conversation with a stranger who had just had theirs off about three months prior.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

cwatt1

#9 Post by cwatt1 »

My brother (age 53) has them; a friend at work (about the same age) has them, and another woman at work (mid 30's) is getting them next year (she thinks :) ).

Actually the fact that my brother and friend have them is one of the factors that let me to the decision to investigate them for myself.

Click here to read about my progress.

tin_grin

#10 Post by tin_grin »

I've only met two in the past year, and I was ecstatic! Also, my new favorite MLB player is Cameron Maybin of the Detroit Tigers, for obvious reasons. :-D

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Cameron-Maybi ... 3831/last/
Braced: July 19, 2006
Debraced: April 21, 2008
Ceramic uppers & lowers