Sunny from NY says Hello!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sunflr7

Sunny from NY says Hello!!

#1 Post by sunflr7 »

I'm Sun from NY and 27 y/o. I got braces a week ago after almost a lifetime of wanting to get my front gap fixed...pure vanity. During my consultation and X-rays I found out that my bite does portrude a little bit so I'm having that treated as well.
I have ceramic upper and lower braces and will need surgery to remove some of the gum tissue once my gap closes (if anyone knows that name of that surgery that would be very helpful). My orthodontist says that I will need to wear the braces for about a year... we'll see how it goes.

Validone

#2 Post by Validone »

MY situation is very similiar. I had a huge gap in between my teeth and wanted to get braces to close it. So far so good...My gap should be closed with my next adjustment. The ortho told me that he recommends me to see a periondontist for gum reshaping so that more of my teeth will show! My wife thinks I don't need it!

sunflr7

#3 Post by sunflr7 »

Good luck with everything, let me know how your gum surgery goes...I will need it as well some time down the road.

I find it weird that when people found out that I was getting braces or that I had braces the majority of them questioned why I was getting them because they thought I didn't need them. I don't know if they were just saying that to make me feel better or if they really meant it. It's always been something that bothered me on the inside and I thought that it was time to make that change. I would always cover my mouth when I smile and laugh and NEVER EVER smile in pictures. I think I already smile more since having them. :D

posum

Re: Sunny from NY says Hello!!

#4 Post by posum »

sunflr7 wrote:I'm Sun from NY and 27 y/o. I got braces a week ago after almost a lifetime of wanting to get my front gap fixed...pure vanity. During my consultation and X-rays I found out that my bite does portrude a little bit so I'm having that treated as well.
I have ceramic upper and lower braces and will need surgery to remove some of the gum tissue once my gap closes (if anyone knows that name of that surgery that would be very helpful). My orthodontist says that I will need to wear the braces for about a year... we'll see how it goes.
OMG, i have exactly the same problem. im so glad i came across this thread. Can you tell me a little bit about what the orthodontic treatment has been like? Do you have pics?