Jr in university - just started

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mgundevia

Jr in university - just started

#1 Post by mgundevia »

Hi everyone,

Great forum first of all! Love it - so much info that I have read as a guest that I decided to join.

I just got my spacers removed after 2 weeks of intense pain (initially only though) and just got my palette expanded on the top. Wow talk about initial pain when the doctor tightened it. I have to tighten it once every week for 4 weeks. Its basically impossible to eat again (kinda started eating with the spacers towards the end) and almost impossible to talk since the expander limits my tongues movement. I fear I might be developing a lisp.

Well good news is that I dont have to see the ortho for 4 more weeks yay.

Cheers.

MG

wiredgrin

You are on your way!

#2 Post by wiredgrin »

Hey there MG, welcome to our club of metal moth horrors! :roll:
Sorry you are having a rough start after separator pain too, yikes. I bet you will start to work out of the lisp maybe after some time goes by? Hope so or else Daffy Duck might have some competition? :P Not to worry, you have plenty of company here to support you through it so keep us posted will ya? I just got back from my second set of separators and they have not been fun but my banding date I think will be moved one day closer :shock: to the 25th looks like. I am having metal uppers and lowers both, with molar build-ups and two fixed habit appliances so you can get me back I bet when I emerge from the orthodontists backroom unable to sound as good as you or Daffy! :shock: :!: Am I nervous? This is my first time in braces so you bet, but I will try and make the best of it as you have? Check back often! Good Luck until we hear from you again. Soon to be metal mouth here... :roll: :cry:

mgundevia

#3 Post by mgundevia »

Thanks.

I actually am getting better in talking. The lisp is slowing going away - but if I have to talk a lot then its drool city and the lisp comes back in a much heavier dose.