Newbie Intro

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouthmommy

Newbie Intro

#1 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Hello All!

I've been reading your board for a few days now, and thought I'd give a quick intro, as I am two days away from being an offical "metalmouth"!

My name is Katie, I am a 32 year old mommy to four little ones (under the age of seven) we live in the burb's of Chicago. I am so excited to FINALLY be getting my teeth fixed!

I have terrible crowding on both the top and bottom, as well as a 70% overbite. I have went thru life with so many "You'd be even more beautiful if you just got your teeth fixed" comments. (nothing like a back-handed compliment! :( ) It's been something that has made me SO self concious my entire life. The "snaggle tooth remarks" and closed lips smiles are almost a thing of the past and I am ELATED!!!!!

Money was the issue as a child, and then I was too busy having babies to even think about ME for the last six years.
And FINALLY NOW IS THE TIME! :D
We now have a kick butt dental program that is covering MOST of my orthodontia, so I'd be foolish not to take advantage while I can.

My six year old son was giving me a hard time about getting braces and looking like a "dork", and I'll admit; at first I was feeling the same way myself. But after much thought and consideration, I came to this conclusion....would I rather feel "dorky" for two years? OR spend the rest of my life feeling self conscious about my teeth?
Obviously the answer is clear! Soooooo, that is my story.

Tuesday is D-Day, and I am actually more excited then I am scared or nervous.
I'm sure I will be posting often as I approach this new adventure, and will have lots of questions for all of you experts :wink:

Thanks, and can't wait to get to know you all!!!!

Kate

4113n

#2 Post by 4113n »

Grats on getting your braces soon!

Braces are kool!!!! :D

Jenny5

#3 Post by Jenny5 »

How'd it go, Kate? Being excited is definitely the right attitude. I thought I looked a little funny for a few days after I got mine on, but I got used to them very quickly and I don't think they look dorky at all. I find that I smile A LOT more now than I ever did -- especially after I started seeing results. Good luck with your treatment and congrats on finally taking the plunge!

funshine

#4 Post by funshine »

Congrats and welcome, Kate! You must return and let us all know how it went. :D

metalmouthmommy

#5 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Hello and THANK YOU! :-1

Today was the big day and it wasn't too bad! I am sore now, and expecting to be even worse off tomorrow, but hey- that means things are working right?!!!

I started a "Braces Story" called Kate's Ortho Adventure, if you are interested in seeing my before and afters pop over and take a look :D

So happy I found this site :banana:

jenny101101

#6 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Katie,

Congrats on your braces! I'm a 32 year old mother of 3 small children so I totally understand the money issue and "too busy having babies"...lol.

I'm going in to get my top braces on tomorrow and I'm so nervous/excited! Any advice?

Jenny

wiredgrin

The B-day jitters

#7 Post by wiredgrin »

Hi jenny and welcome!

I bet you have already heard about the salt rinses so try those. My B-day was postponed but now is around the corner so I am nervous right along with you! Lets support each other? Take care