Forum and braces newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vickychenw

Forum and braces newbie

#1 Post by vickychenw »

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and yes...I'm a complete new adult to the world of braces. I just had my models taken and would probably have my appliance(for upper expansion) on my next apt. After that I'll need a surgical pallette expansion followed by braces, jaw surgery and more braces. Sigh.....it's gonna be a long long way to go...

wiredgrin

Welcome Vicky!

#2 Post by wiredgrin »

Sounds like you will have a lot to contend with soon and yet progress will be made so congratulate yourself on getting started :D Todays orthodontics are so advanced as long as you stay up with it Vicky time will go by fast! I had my records exam some time back and now just today at 2 will be saying goodbye to my second set of separators and hello to full braces, two fixed habit appliances and molar buildups for a three year stint. As an adult who never had braces when younger I am hearing all the stories about what it will be like later today, yikes! :cry: One thread here said the experience I am about to encounter is like having an ill fitting pair of shoes! Except the big difference (Ithink?) is these are "shoes" that I cannot remove and for close to three years :shock: I wish you the best of luck and please keep us posted will you?

vickychenw

Thanks wiredgrin!

#3 Post by vickychenw »

I'm not excited at all....after reading posts from ppl who are on braces and who have had the jaw surgery :? in fact, I am quite scared :-(( and worried. I'll start my ortho treatment on Jun 08 and won't have them off till end of 2009, if everything goes well.....sigh my marriage for Sep 2009 gonna be on hold :-((