27 and braced again, and they are off!!!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Drama Queen

#31 Post by Drama Queen »

Hi,

Just got back from my 13th adjustment. Not much to report really, all my ortho said was "its getting there" (he is a man of many words!). Changed my clear ligs top and bottom. I only have to wear my diagonal elastics at night, but I also have to start wearing elastics up and down from top 3 to bottom 4 during the day, to help close my open bite. I can only imagine the pain when I wake up in the morning with these new elastics!

Back in 4 weeks for my next appointment.

Lau xx
Braced on 25 July 2006 Ceramic upper and lowers
Braces off on 3 April 2008

Niki

#32 Post by Niki »

:-)o Congrats on the year mark!

Drama Queen

#33 Post by Drama Queen »

Stop Press.......my bracket broke off yesterday, it is the one at the back next to my lower right molar band. Called my ortho to see if I could get an emergency appointment, as my next adjustment is in 2 weeks time and that is too long to leave it the way it is. Am going in to see him at 4.30pm today.

And to think I was only thinking to myself the other day that I haven't had a broken bracket for well over a year now...famous last words! :wink:

Will keep you all posted

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#34 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Well had my emergency appointment yesterday and the ortho replaced my broken bracket. The pain is really starting to set in now - just taken a couple of nurofen in the hope that will help.

Adjustment is in 2 weeks time.

Saturday will be my 13th month anniversary :lol:

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#35 Post by Drama Queen »

Hiya,

Just got back from my 14th adjustment (its took me over 2 hours to get into work cos of the tube strike and I am knackered!). The Ortho said "its looking nice" - I am starting to wonder if he says anything else as he has told me this during my past few adustments. He just changed by clear ligs for me as they were a little yellow and he told me to double up on my up and down elastics which go from top 3 down to bottom 4 and to carry on wearing the diagonal elastics at night. I can almost feel the pain I am going to be in when I wake up tomorrow morning already!!

Anyway next adjustment in 4 weeks - the sage continues!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#36 Post by Drama Queen »

Hi again,

Been for my adjustment today. My ortho removed the 2 springs that I had on my bottom arch, which is nice as it feels less crowded down there now. He wants me to carry on with doubling up on the elastics from my upper 3's to lower 4's as they havent moved as well as he hoped - sigh! But at least I dont have to wear the diagonal elastics at night as well, so I suppose that is a bonus.

Back in 4 weeks as usual!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#37 Post by Drama Queen »

The saga continues....

Just got back from my 16th adjustment. He put an elastic type tie thing across my top five teeth, which is now starting to hurt. I have to carry on with doubling up on the elastics on my upper 3's and lower 4's which I have to wear 24/7 and have to wear the dreaded box elastic across my top and bottom front teeth, but luckily that is only at night. Changed my clear ligs so they look all shiny and new and that was it......back in 4 weeks.

Last Thursday was my 15 month anniversary, so it is slowly getting to the end....I hope!!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#38 Post by Drama Queen »

Hello,

Just back from adjustment 17. The ortho took out my top wire and bent it a little and then put it back in (havent had any wires removed and bent for a while so it feels like something is actually being done when he does!), he changed my ligs so they are all shiny and new, though he was trying to persuade me to go for some green and red ones for christmas, but I decided to stick with the clear ones! Gotta carry on with doubling up on the elastics on my upper 3's and lower 4's which I have to wear 24/7 and have to wear the box elastic across my top and bottom front teeth at night.

It was my 16 month anniversary on Sunday.

Next appointment is in 6 weeks. When I went to book my appointment with the receptionist she said that its amazing to think that next time I am there it will be coming to an end! I was like I hope so, cos the ortho hasnt said anything so I am hoping that she knows something that I don't. Well once January comes around I will have been braced for 18 months (which was my estimated sentence) and my monthly payments will stop, at least whether the braces comes off around then or not I will have a little bit more extra money each month after that!

until next time........ Lau xx

Drama Queen

#39 Post by Drama Queen »

Hello,

Bit down today, had my 18th adjustment today and nothing happened. He just looked at them, changed my ligs, took an xray and sent me on my way. I go back in 4 weeks, but this time for a half hour appointment, and he mentioned something about bending wires. I have nearly done 18 months and that is the estimated time that he gave me so I was hoping for some good news today or at least a debanding date, but sadly it was not to be. I haven't asked him how long I have got to go as I am too scared of his answer.

So i just carry on wearing my elastics as instructed from the past 3 months, and hope that this comes to an end soon!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#40 Post by Drama Queen »

"Sigh" well last Friday was my 18th month anniversary - I hope this comes to an end soon! I was told that my sentence would be "18 months plus or minus", so as I have hit the 18 month mark I guess it is going to be plus a few more months. Got an half an hour appointment on Tuesday, so hopefully something significant will happen there.

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#41 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey bracedagain,

Thanks for your support. Love the use of the word braceaversry, I am going to start using that! I havent asked my ortho when I will be finished as it doesnt really matter it will be as long as it is gonna be, so I am just going to wait for him to suprise me with it. Hopefully he will say something on Tuesday - I will keep you posted!

Hopefully you will get some good news too soon

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#42 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Had my 19th adjustment today. The Ortho said things like, its looking nice, perfect, and nearly there while he was looking at my teeth - which is always encouraging, esp from an ortho who doesnt say that kind of stuff very often. He repositioned one of my brackets on my upper canine, rebent the upper arch wire and put a clear powerchain across my front teeth. He is hoping that with these new things a tooth will rotate and a small gap, that has appeared during treatment, will close. he also changed my ligs, so they are nice and clean at the mo. Still have to carry on wearing my the elastics that I have been wearing for the past few months to help close my open bite.

He then said that if all goes well when he sees me at my next appointment in 4 weeks time (March) the braces can come off at the next appointment after that in April...so fingers crossed I will only have 8 weeks to go until I am free! Though I am not going to get my hopes up too much incase they dont come off in April, but I am feeling a little positive as this is the first time he has given me a date for de-banding, it has never been mentioned before.

Feeling a lot more upbeat now, esp as there now seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel!

Lau xx

Drama Queen

#43 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Just got back from my 20th adjustment today and it was good news! He looked at my teeth and he said the "time had come", he said that they weren't perfect (then again who is in life!) but it was the best they were going to be (and I can tell you I can feel a lot of difference since this all started). He took out my top wire and bent it a little, and put in two little clear power chains and changed my clear ligs, he asked if I wanted some coloured ones, just for the final month but I politely declined! and I have to carry on wearing the elastics I have been wearing for the past few months.

So my date for debanding is 3 April, a mere 4 weeks and 2 days away (not that I am counting), though he did say that in the next 4 weeks I just need to keep an eye on everything and make sure that I am happy with how it looks before the removal date comes around, if not I need to let him know - am a little scared at that, I hope that nothing happens and everything looks ok over the next few weeks.

He has told me that I will be having bonded retainers top and bottom, which I am slightly worried about, I mean do they feel weird? will I get used to them? does it feel like you have something constantly stuck behind your teeth? Anyone out there that can answers these questions for me???? and then removeable retainers top and bottom as well (the cost just keep adding up don't it?!), I can also buy the bleach from him so that I can whiten my teeth as well.

So all in all it is nearly the end. I was originally told that this process would take 18 month plus or minus and by the time my removal date comes around it will just have been over 20 months, which I think has gone quite quickly, though it prob didnt feel like it at the time. Although I have my date I am still a bit too scared of being really excited incase it doesnt happen, I don't think I will truly believe it until they are off!

So the countdown begins...........

Lau xx

lionfish

#44 Post by lionfish »

Congrats on getting a debanding date.

He has told me that I will be having bonded retainers top and bottom, which I am slightly worried about, I mean do they feel weird? will I get used to them? does it feel like you have something constantly stuck behind your teeth? Anyone out there that can answers these questions for me???? and then removeable retainers top and bottom as well (the cost just keep adding up don't it?!), I can also buy the bleach from him so that I can whiten my teeth as well.
I've got bonded retainers top and bottom, front 6 only. They're barely noticeable, I was used to them almost straight away. I have essix retainers (clear tray type) which I wear nights only, top and bottom. Again, I barely notice them.

Drama Queen

#45 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Lionfish - thanks for putting my mind at rest about the bonded retainers, I scared myself a little by reading people's experience of bonded retainers (some werent good), but I am going to take your comments on board and hopefully it will be the same for me.

Bracedagain - Yeah i will deffo make sure I am happy with the results before they come off, I have invested too much time, effort and pain for them to be as perfect as they can be. Yep I will deffo post the before and after pictures when it is all over. I cant wait to eat what I want again!

4 weeks and 1 day to go!

Lau xx